DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Water Fun

I definitely think I'm gonna get a pair of floats so I can play around with some water landings!!

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Cometman
I love your Vision. Mine is ICE Blue

Don’t forget....never attempt to power up your MP rotors on a boat that is very slightly bobbing (pitching) up and down or it will take off to a hover without any input from your controls. If the aircraft is at the pointy end of the boat and it is moving forward (the boat) it will hit the aircraft which will be hovering in the air.
If your MP is at the blunt end of the boat, it will take off and hover, the boat could leave the MP behind, but as it is over water, it will then descend, into the boats wake

I'm not sure I follow you. I fly from ships in various sea states quite often and what you suggest makes no sense.

I agree the floats look cool, though maybe not practical for salt water and wavy conditions, except for retrieval from an accident.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
I'm not sure I follow you. I fly from ships in various sea states quite often and what you suggest makes no sense.

I agree the floats look cool, though maybe not practical for salt water and wavy conditions, except for retrieval from an accident.
It doesn't make sense, move on......

Mike, I lost one Mav into the river, now I have this AND care refresh!!!!!
I really like the "Water Buoy" thanks for showing it to us. I will add one to my flight bag, next to my getterbacks.
My Mavic Pro fell into the Dora Canal last year. It was saved by my float kit... still flys. My Mavic 2 crashed into the Lake Dora a couple weeks ago at 20 mph floated upside down for 40 minutes with my float kit. It was back in the air after 2 days of drying.

I have DJI care refresh as well but have not used it. Fresh water shouldn't damage low voltage circuits. It does kill the batteries, which I think is a fail safe (fuseable link maybe) installed by DJI.

RC Boat guys recover Lipoly batteries from fresh water all the time, but they are not the sophisticated smart li-poly batteries Mavics have

\\
I had Decal Girl make that for me!

I think you missed my meaning, or Decal Girl started making wraps for motorcycles.
And you have changed your picture, or I'm just loosing my mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys