DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro weird sound.

Ktmkid

Reactions
My Mavic pro emits a sound from a propeller I’m assuming, this sound occurs when I elevate and go forward fast. If I let go of the throttle it stops. The drone seems to be sliding on the one side when this happens. I can see scuff marks on the craft from all the “propellers”. I’m just not sure which one is failing or even why I have these scuff marks there in the first place, but it’s definitely from the props. The area in red is where the scuffs marks are.
Thanks in advance.
Blair. ?

Attachments

• 9F4B19DD-5DF7-421D-89A7-3CD3FC2FC25D.jpeg
    9F4B19DD-5DF7-421D-89A7-3CD3FC2FC25D.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 52
Prop Contact when the arms are under stress. Fold out the propellors and then try and move the arms left and right using a gentle twisting motion. The arms will move slightly and that may be a result of micro cracks or loosened arms.

Reactions: Ktmkid
I will have a look.
Thanks.
Your arms are flexing too much. Also, if you painted those props then its possible that the thickness of the paint on the props is just enough to contact the body of the Mavic when stressed. Possible...

if you painted those props then its possible that the thickness of the paint on the props is just enough to contact the body of the Mavic when stressed. Possible...

It's also possible for some solvent based paints to weaken the plastic, so do check for the fine cracks when flexing by hand, compare feel of the flex with props off vs an unpainted set.
I would just replace all props with genuine 8330 or 8331 props to be safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89