DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro, when turned on, does not chime and lights don't come on

AdamD1122

Reactions
Hi guys, this one is weird to me...

I have not flow the drone in 3 months. I know, it bad....so hot in AZ, I just put it away!

Anyway, now when I turn the drone in, the chime doesn't sound and the back status lights don't come on. Obviously I'm dead in the water with no hope....what can I do?

I have three batteries. One seems to be fully charged and the other two seem to only charge half way.

I can imagine all three batteries are the cause. It seems like something more simple, but I don't get it.

Any ideas of what I can try? Thx!!

Will the remote show battery level of all three cells?

Will the remote show battery level of all three cells?
I doubt it could if the AC won't power on. For app to be able to give battery status, it has to be communicating with AC, and AC to RC connection occurs way after AC status lights appear.

Does it connect with Assistant?

I'm certainly not an expert pn this issue but sometimes battery contacts oxidize and corrode, especially if left in place for a long time. If nothing else works, you might try some "De-Oxit" and apply it with a qtip to all the electrical contacts on the batteries and on the drone.

Reactions: charliej
I tried cleaning the contacts. No dice.

So, it's one of three problems as I see it.
1. The batteries are all effectively dead and the lights on the batteries are not telling to true story (very possible)
2. The batteries are charged, but they are not delivering their voltage to the drone (not all that probable)
3. The problem is with the drone and it is either not accepting power or some other related issue.

So....I just ordered a couple replacement batteries off Amazon. If they work, problem solved. If not, I can return them and then I have a bigger problem.

Wish me luck!

Adam

I tried cleaning the contacts. No dice.

So, it's one of three problems as I see it.
1. The batteries are all effectively dead and the lights on the batteries are not telling to true story (very possible)
2. The batteries are charged, but they are not delivering their voltage to the drone (not all that probable)
3. The problem is with the drone and it is either not accepting power or some other related issue.

So....I just ordered a couple replacement batteries off Amazon. If they work, problem solved. If not, I can return them and then I have a bigger problem.

Wish me luck!

Adam

Don’t forget to check back in. And good luck [emoji106]

Hi guys, here's the update: problem solved.

The new batteries solved the problem and the drone powers right up. I have not flown it for a while so I just took off and hovered a few feet above my head and landed.

Too bad those other batteries are dead, but they can't last forever.

Thanks for the ideas...

Oh boy....out with the old, in with the new.

Really this needs a new forum post, but now the video/camera feed is not displayed on the phone app.

It worked for a few flights and I took a couple pictures. Then I switched out the ND filter and I noticed the camera view was frozen. Not the first time I've seen that....but on all startups since then, the screen is black.

I'm going to post this problem....

Oh boy....out with the old, in with the new.

Really this needs a new forum post, but now the video/camera feed is not displayed on the phone app.

It worked for a few flights and I took a couple pictures. Then I switched out the ND filter and I noticed the camera view was frozen. Not the first time I've seen that....but on all startups since then, the screen is black.

I'm going to post this problem....
Broken cable from the manipulation likely.

If it’s not one thing it’s another, right?

I had a touch of panic once I learned DJI keeps a count on how many times you’ve recharged your battery and there’s a general amount of times you can get peak performance from them. I shouldn’t be surprised, but it just sucks haha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ