DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro with platinum propellers

I might be willing to try these, they seem quite well made by all accounts. Drone World

• Added stiffness for faster top speeds (3-10 mph)
  • Maintains flexibility for safety
  • 2X the stiffness of factory props
  • MachFlex Technology uses optimized flexibility to eliminate camera shake seen with all other carbon fiber propellers
So they have twice he stiffness... but are still as flexible?Um... okay.

3-10mph increase? Why are they not sure? Why would this be a range? Why a 3x difference in that guess?

"MachFlex"? How about HyperMachFlex... with nanotechnology! Probably have to charge $5 more if they were.

ALL (_ALL_ ) CF props are pure marketing BS. People just LOVE to buy CF things because.... they are CF.

We all know that CF increases over all flight speed by 152% and allows for 45 min flight times. Your drone will hver much better and they will increase the resolution of the camera.

Or you can use OEM DJI props and get the same or better results for half the price.

PS LOVE the reviews... it appears that they are quieter, increase flight time, increase responsiveness, make it more stable and fly faster.

Reactions: th_wolf and Jimmyk
I also know a bit about aerodynamics, and the decreased response of the swept tip props doesn't surprise me at all. there is rarely anything free in physics (if so, you just weren't using it in the first place), energy doesn't just go away, and less noise means less air moved at the squared tip of the regular props - right where they are most efficient.

Sorry Caspian, but I won't fully agree with you. Knowing a bit about aerodynamics - noise (harmonic noise) could be also produced by excessive tip vortexes, bad airflow separation and low blade efficiency. I have used both the Pro and Platinum props. I'm seeing the difference on the Mavic Pro, though I think the real advantage of the Platinum props will be with the Mavic Platinum itself as the FOC ESC control should reduce the noise from the motor as well.

ALL (_ALL_ ) CF props are pure marketing BS. People just LOVE to buy CF things because.... they are CF.
Haha, I can't agree more!!

Going out now to test the MAS props I got yesterday. Can't wait to try them out. If they perform as good as they look..... That will be one hell of a weekend :cool:

Last edited:
To be honest I was hesitant how the orange will match the grey mavic, but am pretty impressed.
Will share more after I try them out.
Untitled 373.jpeg

I love them! After 4 batteries I can definitely say that I'm in love:)
In details:
- some but not significant increase in flight time - probably 30-60 seconds (that was not the intention of this test anyway)
- sound is much better especially when flying outdoors - better than Pro and Platinum props on Mavic Pro
- color helps with orientation if you are not kind of FPV person

CheersThumbswayup

Sorry Caspian, but I won't fully agree with you. Knowing a bit about aerodynamics - noise (harmonic noise) could be also produced by excessive tip vortexes, bad airflow separation and low blade efficiency.

most of the noise is indeed produced by the tip vortexes. that's precisely why long haul aircraft have wingtip winglets, to cut down on that inefficiency. however, that's also the part of the blade that is moving the fastest, and by deliberately lowering its ability to move air you are also lowering its ability to produce thrust. the efficiency is why you get less noise, the less thrust is why they are not as responsive.

at the Reynolds numbers we are dealing with at scale, there would have to be a significant difference in airfoil shape or angle of attack to change airflow separation of the blade to any real degree. if you're building a 747 you worry about Reynolds numbers.

I would be happy to try those Master Airscrew props, been using that brand for long enough to trust them. thankfully they are also available in black, and the price is quite reasonable compared to OEM. DJI Mavic – Master Airscrew

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661