DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro YouTube Stream Randomly Stopped! WHY?

Daniel Bednar

Reactions
Hello all,

I recently took my drone for its first long range maiden voyage, and started an unlisted stream to YouTube and shared the link with family and friends. They all saw it, but four minutes into the stream, the feed cut off and stopped. My Mavic was saying that it was still broadcasting to YouTube even though people said it stopped streaming. Why is this? Thanks in advance.

I recently noticed that when I left the camera running on my Mavic Pro, it split the recorded video into 4 minute files (even though the camera was still recording). It sounds like the process you describe is posting one of those files - but not able to automatically start on the next file segment.

Interesting... Split up into 4 minute files... I wonder if that's a setting you can change or if that's definite? Have you been able to just disable that and have it be one continuous video?

Interesting... Split up into 4 minute files... I wonder if that's a setting you can change or if that's definite? Have you been able to just disable that and have it be one continuous video?
No I haven't ... I've looked on this and other forums, and found no way to make it any different. I think it's actually dependent on the file size, rather than time however. Have a look on your SD card and IF this is what the problem is all about, then you should see separate video files for the stream you were trying to upload to YouTube. From memory, the file size limit is around 4GB .... Therefore, the lower resolution you record in, the 'longer' the video file will play.

That's a shame it does that. I understand why, but I just wish there was a way to disable that. I'll take a look on the SD card to see if this is what it's all about. Thanks for your help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+