DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic quality and Litchi

Mitch

Reactions
I'm a Phantom 4 owner but, am considering a second drone that's more portable. Mavic looks on the surface to be a good fit but, I'm looking for general consensus to some concerns.

Mavic build quality. Have there been reporting of stress cracks? I've run into stress cracks with both my P4 and P3 under the motors. I'm not aggressive. I don't fly when it's windy or cold and don't try to break speed records. So, before I get myself wrapped up in a Mavic I'm looking for some reason to believe the stress crack issues from previous productions (phantoms) have been reasonably corrected.

Are there other Mavic build quality issues cropping up?

I use IOS (iPad and iPhone). Is it reasonable to assume that Litchi waypoint missions work with Mavic as they do with the phantom line? FYI-I've found waypoint missions work well with my P4 with or without an RC signal.

Those that own a Mavic, do you have regrets? If so, what's the biggest complaint? I'm going through the forums and there are always issues in general that need a fix. But, what are the biggest thorns that I should know before making the purchase?

Thanks and I hope for some constructive feedback.

Mitch

Reactions: alexkamson
I have not owned a P4, but have used one on occasion. In terms of build quality I think the P4 is a step up from the P3, and the Mavic is a step further. I check this forum relatively regularly and have not seen mention of stress cracks. Autoflight Logic Autopilot and Litchi work fine on the Mavic Pro although they do appear to have a problem with the latest firmware, a couple of threads are running currently on it.

Portability wise the Mavic Pro is superb, and for that reason alone I consider it better for me over a Phantom.

Only downside is video quality suffers somewhat in low light. You can get some really exceptional shots out of it, but not quite as good as the Phantom.

Reactions: Mitch
No stress cracks on the motor mounts, if there is you cant see it because of how the mavic is designed.

Loved the Mavic originally but Ive had a number of problems: gimbal, watercolour issue, and last weekend I almost had a flyaway. Sending it in now so may be on my third Mavic soon. If that doesn't work out I'll be returning it and getting a Phantom. That said I would say I was unlucky to have those problems and if I get a properly working one back without the watercolour issue I'll be hanging onto it.

Same here Mavic DOA. Having issues returning. I say stay with phantom. I wish i never sold mine. Never had a problem with it. Wait until the dust settles. Too many repair and returns for the mavic. Demand is so high

Same here Mavic DOA. Having issues returning. I say stay with phantom. I wish i never sold mine. Never had a problem with it. Wait until the dust settles. Too many repair and returns for the mavic. Demand is so high
You might be right. We all read a lot more horror stories about the mavic than we do about any of the phantom 4 family. But I wonder, with the large amount of mavics being sold, what the actual percentages are for returns between the two models. This would tell which one had the greater chance of having to be returned.

Ive had a P4 and returned it for the Mavic, the size factor is the no 1 attribute for the Mavic, can't believe I'm carrying a quad sometimes.
I like the Mavic better because of the ease to travel and carry it, I had a rucksack for P4... Ocusync has better range, the camera may be a bit more stable on the P4 and probably better in wind, the Mavic is less conspicuous to fly and quieter....Both are good
Simon in Spain

the Tx has more battery on P4 but its much bigger and no Ive had no stress cracks on either

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming