DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic replaced ribbon, gimbal not working , video works

kanayoshiko

Reactions
I ended up crashing my Mavic Pro and saw that the black ribbon cable was ripped. The camera feed still works fine .

I replaced the black ribbon with a F.stop labs replacement and it now does the startup dance, though it only does 1 position out of the 3 ( gimbaldance - Streamable ). I checked the ribbon cable and made sure they clicked in and weren't damaged.

Could the problem still be with the ribbon? Or could it be gimbal or the sensor/camera/gimbal pcb board also?
I've attached a photo and the gimbal took a dent, so it might be more likely that it's the gimbal motors that took damage?

These are errors I receive.

Gimbal Gyroscope Error
Gimbal Motor Overloaded

At the moment I'm assuming I have to replace the camera barrel for sure to fix the gimbal gyroscope.

Attachments

• gimbaldamage.jpg
    gimbaldamage.jpg
    460.5 KB · Views: 90
In that pic it does look like it took a hit :( have to try to move it by hand to see if it moves freely without force? make sure mavic is off when trying this!

That camera has taken a lot of damage, even the main camera mount has a split in it, you might need to replace the whole gimbal arm

I had to replace gimbal arm looked fine and moved freeli,but one of axles wouldnt work,and angle on arm was off.

Reactions: Daboyo726
Hmm , looks like I'll replace the camera barrel ( to fix the gyroscope error ) and the gimbal arm ( to fix the missing 2 axis ) and see how that goes.

Thanks for the suggestion guys.

If anyone has a different opinion or additional suggestions feel free to post.

Hi there.

I've had a similar problem, but in my case I got both cables unusable. So I replaced the cables and the video was working fine but the gimbal had the exact same behavior as in your video. I've already replaced the flat cable again and nothing changed.

So I've ordered a new gimbal (complete with cable but without camera) and hopefully that will solve the problem.

I'll only now for sure in a couple of weeks, that's when I'll get the gimbal.

My concern is that it was the control board's problem, let's see...

I got a replacement gimbal, camera, and cables which solved my problem.
The camera was only to solve the compass error.
The control board should be fine , at least on my end The problem was that the motor in the gimbal got damaged when it crashed.

I have a similar problem, but different in that the gimbal successfully goes through it’s entire setup cycle. I have video, but can’t move the gimbal or focus the camera. Hoping it’s the flat control cable. Thoughts?

Hello guys, I've crashed mine as well and then had the same problem. My gimbal needs to be changed and after changing the gimbal (thanks god the guy had one available so it didn't take time to change it" and then same as all of you this message "gyroscope error" . Can't fix it . Need a help as in Ivoiry Coast there's no dji store so do you advise me to do! Is there any other way to fix it without changing anything else?

Hello. As or mine, I got the gimbal, replaced it, and as soon as tuned the mavic on it started to smell like electrical "burning" and damaged the gimbal... so I just got feed up with all the replacing of components and just bought the all gimbal+camera+control board system bundle.

When I installed on the mavic it just worked like new!!

Already making "great" videos:

I ended up crashing my Mavic Pro and saw that the black ribbon cable was ripped. The camera feed still works fine .

I replaced the black ribbon with a F.stop labs replacement and it now does the startup dance, though it only does 1 position out of the 3 ( gimbaldance - Streamable ). I checked the ribbon cable and made sure they clicked in and weren't damaged.

Could the problem still be with the ribbon? Or could it be gimbal or the sensor/camera/gimbal pcb board also?
I've attached a photo and the gimbal took a dent, so it might be more likely that it's the gimbal motors that took damage?

These are errors I receive.

Gimbal Gyroscope Error
Gimbal Motor Overloaded

At the moment I'm assuming I have to replace the camera barrel for sure to fix the gimbal gyroscope.
I had the same results after replacing the ribbon. Side to side gimbal was working , but not the other 2 directions. Thought I needed a new gimbal but, I ended up checking the connections by simply removing the covering plates - with the gimbal still attached to the drone. I found that I had not completely secured one connection. Now it works perfectly.

this problems not always solve changing the ribbon cable many times its a gimbal motor.recently buy a mavic (used) and the old owner seems it crashed because change the gimbal and the ribbon, he giveme the old gimbal and i try to fix the firstone with a ribbon cable (I buy 2 ribbons yet) and no one those works,so I try with a original gimbal who gave me the owner and the same thing happend i decided buy anotherone and in the moment i testing one of the motor gimbals start to smoke. The bad thing to buy in aliiexpress is ...its like a ruse roullete you do not know what will touch you. Isend to order another and i pray that resolve the problem definitly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid