DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Snow Flying

Nice video, i took mine out as well, but it was to dam cold to stay out long

Nice video, but are you not afraid to fly during a snowing? I mean, snow = water, and could be not good for our drones. Anyway, nice effect!

Nice video, but are you not afraid to fly during a snowing? I mean, snow = water, and could be not good for our drones. Anyway, nice effect!
Flew mine for 20 mins in heavy snowfall, came back bone dry, I reckon the turbulence must keep snow from settling?

The dry stuff well below freezing doesn't seem much of an issue.
If it's more borderline and wet I'd keep it very brief.
The motors won't be much bothered, it's drops of moisture penetrating the battery connections which might cause problems.
Fine snow might be drawn in through the fan grill at the front and it would melt possibly on a crucial board.
Leaving the clear cover on might reduce that risk.

Honestly, I kept the cover on the gimbal, and the drone was not wet at all when it landed. I think the propellers “shielded the drone” from the snow/water. (Not saying I recommend it, at all— and there’s always DJI refresh :)

The dry stuff well below freezing doesn't seem much of an issue.
If it's more borderline and wet I'd keep it very brief.
The motors won't be much bothered, it's drops of moisture penetrating the battery connections which might cause problems.
Fine snow might be drawn in through the fan grill at the front and it would melt possibly on a crucial board.
Leaving the clear cover on might reduce that risk.

I didn’t worry to much about it, and all worked out fine. My gimbal cover was on, and the drone came back bone dry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark