DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic spinning on ground when landing

maowen21

Reactions
I have had my Mavic Pro for a week now. I have loved it and have not had any issues with it, until yesterday. I used the RTH feature yesterday when my battery was low. It did exactly as it was supposed to, lowered down and hovered just a couple feet above the ground. It then lowered and touched down on the ground. The motors sounded like they revved up, and the mavic began to spin around and jumped up on one side several times before finally powering down. It looked like it was about to flip over! I was not touching the controls at all. Has anyone else experience this? I was on cement when this happened. It did it again today when I had controls and manually landed it, just not quite as bad. Any help, suggestions are appreciated.

I have had my Mavic Pro for a week now. I have loved it and have not had any issues with it, until yesterday. I used the RTH feature yesterday when my battery was low. It did exactly as it was supposed to, lowered down and hovered just a couple feet above the ground. It then lowered and touched down on the ground. The motors sounded like they revved up, and the mavic began to spin around and jumped up on one side several times before finally powering down. It looked like it was about to flip over! I was not touching the controls at all. Has anyone else experience this? I was on cement when this happened. It did it again today when I had controls and manually landed it, just not quite as bad. Any help, suggestions are appreciated.

1) Did you clean the bottom sensors.
2) IMU calibration
3) Calibration.
4)

Last edited:
Thank you! This may be be a dumb question but does it matter if you are indoors or outdoors when doing the IMU Calibration or just that it be done on a flat surface? Thanks for your help, I will do these.

If the drone is flying fine then you could always hand catch it. You can do an IMU calibration indoors but make sure the mavic has not been running for awhile.

Yes, do it cold! Also some drone extremists will actually get a board or a surface that can be tilted and literally place a bubble level on that surface and get it perfectly level in all directions.

Reactions: SuperDave
I do mine on a level surface so the IMU is as level as possible and I do a "cold " calibration. If you live in the North East like I do you can do it outside, I have also put my Phantoms in the refrigerator to chill them (and the IMU) before doing it. If you ever have to wait for the IMU to warm up before it is ready to go, this will fix that.

Is this happening in bright clear lit areas? Sounds like the VPS system could be out of whack. Have you tried turning off VPS (land using sports mode).
Check your VPS system. Inspect the 2 belly sonar sensors and 2 belly cameras. Make sure they are free of dust and not damaged.

Another is to use the DJI assistant and recalibrate the VPS system.

Yes, this was during the day in clear and bright areas. I have not tried turning off the VPS and landing in sports mode. The bottom sensors are clean and not damaged, again I have only had this a week. I downloaded the DJI Assistant on my Mac desktop to do the calibration but nothing happens when the mavic is connected to the computer and powered on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc