DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic stuck in tree

AndyD47

Reactions
Absolutely gutted. Lost sight of my Mavic for a split second as sun shining in my eyes and it landed 25 feet up a tree. Tried all ways to dislodge it to no avail and sat watching the lights until the batteries died. Hope my insurance covers it.

They’ll cover it. I wouldn’t tell him it’s up in the tree where you can retrieve it.

Had my 4K stuck right in the V in a big tree not long ago.
Used the map to find it and found the camera first. Was busted good. Looked up and there it was.Was about 80’ up. Had hit going wide open coming in and just misjudged my distance. Tryed the rod and reel and everything else I could think of. Took this picture with my Mavic. Got mad on about the third day so 870 came out from behind seat and a 12 quage slug hit backend and there she was.
New shell , camera and few other items and good as new. :)
See when ya patience runs out shoot it. Thumbswayup
ECFE99D7-EB37-4FF9-A326-A2546B9F4ACA.jpeg

01_07_just_shoot_it.jpg

Absolutely gutted. Lost sight of my Mavic for a split second as sun shining in my eyes and it landed 25 feet up a tree. Tried all ways to dislodge it to no avail and sat watching the lights until the batteries died. Hope my insurance covers it.
You can also hire one of those tree trimming companies to come pull it out (shouldn’t be too expensive), or the kid down the street who loves to climb.

I was recently flying around the area of my house from my yard and on the way back in I came in kind of hot. I panicked when I realized how hot I came in and hit the wrong joystick in the wrong direction and that was that. 40 feet or so up a tree. Spent the next hour and a half throwing dog toys at it and trying to shake the tree with my ATV and a rope. Ultimately a dog toy lodged it loose and I caught it. Only broke the front landing gear.

I
Good News, managed to swing a length of wood on a rope which wedged between a fork high up in the tree. Two hours of swaying the tree and it popped out. Seemed to land on some rocks that were covered in thick moss and only damaged one of the motor arms. May be more wrong but will try and get it repaired. No need to shoot it out of the tree, guns don’t solve everything!

I

Good News, managed to swing a length of wood on a rope which wedged between a fork high up in the tree. Two hours of swaying the tree and it popped out. Seemed to land on some rocks that were covered in thick moss and only damaged one of the motor arms. May be more wrong but will try and get it repaired. No need to shoot it out of the tree, guns don’t solve everything!
Glad to hear you got it out! I guess perseverance pays off.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ReDRuM702