DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic suddenly a MESS after sitting in the case!

Jr. Stafford

Reactions
Had flown my Mavic Pro maybe 6 or 8 months ago, and all was well. Took it out today and charged batteries and controller, and it's an ABSOLUTE MESS!

Right off the bat, I noticed that the camera was not showing a picture on the DJI go 4 app. Also noticed that the little wheel on the controller that moves the camera up and down does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. When the drone boots up, the camera spins and whirls and does it thing, but once booted up, I have no control of it with no picture on the app. If you leave the app on for a while, a picture might show up, but it freezes about as quick as it shows up, worthless. Also, the SD card I have always used, now is not recognized by the drone. I even took it out and formatted to Fat32 on the computer and put it back in, still 'No SD card' is what I see. Decided to 'refresh' the latest firmware on the drone with DJI Assistant 2, and get the same thing. I see people talking about online, gets to 40% and FAILS every time. The whole thing is a complete mess, and worked perfectly fine last time I used it.

Anybody seen this or have any idea what has happened? The only thing different is that I got a nice new phone, a Samsung S23 since I last used the drone. But even if I completely take the phone from the equation, I can fly, but the wheel on the controller still won't move the camera. (Maybe it don't, without the app, because there would be no need for the camera to move?)

Any thoughts would be great.

Where did you store it and what were the storage conditions ? Do you still have the old phone, if so have you tried that ?

Yes, tried the old phone and same stuff. Sitting on a closet shelf like always. DJI assistant 2 constantly says it is the correct firmware, but the app always says firmware needs updated. If I try to update on Assistant 2, it fails at 40%. If I update thru the app, it fails at 67%. Over and over......

Any chance spiders etc. got into the drone ?
Or has the drone or controller previously got wet ?
Do you have access to a different controller and or a different type of phone e.g. an iPhone, I.e. a phone that would require a different controller-to-phone cable?
Or disconnect the cable from the controller's side port and use the large USB port that lies between the controller's arms

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DKS11