DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic swaying.

SkyIScrape

Reactions
Set the stage for ya: large empty ball field parking lot. No interference warnings or anything I could see that would cause interference. I had just calibrated the compass 20 feet or so from my car or any other metal or large object. Slightest breeze. Maybe 1-3 mph, if that.

I had another event like this, same day, same place, where it was more up and down. 6 inches to little over a foot vertical movement. I failed to record that one.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like you're just off the ground a few feet right? So it would be using the vision system. Did you try in a different location with a different surface? Sometimes the vision system has a hard time getting the resolution right of certain patterns (I think the manual mentions this).

There's probably rebar under the parking lot. Launch elsewhere, from dirt or grass to see if it still drifts.

• Raise it up higher so the downward vision sensors have more to look at. From the manual, pg 26: "The Downward Vision System is only effective when the aircraft is at altitudes of 0.3 to 13 meters." It looks like you are at the minimum.
  • Ensure the sensors on turned on.
  • Ensure you are not in Sport mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rufusbird2