DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Uncommanded wandering

Wow....

**** good work there Budwalker! I've never experienced ATTI on the mavic, but I flew many early FC quads many moons ago, as well as some modded RC helis, and it reminded me of that. Just...wandering.

It's interesting you mention performing an IMU calibration. I always check sensor status prior to flight, and had noticed prior to THAT flight, that one of the IMU's was quite a bit higher that the others. Not out of the green, but higher nonetheless. So I performed a calibration, and this happened on the next flight. With all of the analysis performed, and the details you uncovered, I wonder now if I didn't get a bad calibration.

On that note, I have flown it a few times since, and haven't had an issue, but I still wonder why I didn't get an ATTI warning if, for all intents and purposes, the aircraft entered that mode....

Thanks for all y'alls help!!
But, it didn't enter ATTI mode (re @sar104 in previous post). It wasn't just wandering in a random fashion as can be seen from the geoPath in post #17. The Mavic and other post P3 platforms behave differently than the P3 which will switch to ATTI and drift with the wind when confronted with a magYaw/Yaw separation. The Mavic will often try to fix a magYaw/Yaw separation by holding Yaw constant and rotate until magYaw agrees with that constant Yaw.

My suggestion about doing an IMU calibration didn't really have much behind it; only that there were conflicting roll value indications. Since the subsequent flights were without incident it seems unlikely that there is an IMU hardware problem.

Mine does that too but the extent is it will drift to the left by a metre or so, no wind. I find doing an IMU and joystick calibration fixes it but I find I need to do this after 3# flights

Were you flying with the gimball cover on? I can see some reflections or sun rays in your video I'm pretty sure that I have read somewhere that the Mavic may react strangely when flying into the sun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload