DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Wobbling in Flight and Shaking Gimbal?

Skcorsemaj

Reactions
Hello all I'm new to the forum and flying in general so I'll do my best to explain my situation..
I have had my mavic for about a week. It is my first drone and I have had no issues flying it at all until today.

I took the drone out and wanted to try the active track feature while I was long boarding so I put the bird up, set active track to myself, and adjusted the gimbal. I noticed it drifting a bit but didn't think much of it but since I got my shot I landed the bird (first time hand catching it) and inspected it. I didn't notice anything so I packed up and went home. I charged the battery and controller and went to go film my dog in a different location so I packed up and off I went. When I put the bird up this time I noticed it wobbling in the air almost like it was vibrating violently so I immediately landed it and checked the props (didn't noticed any damage but changed to rear set just to be safe) I then restarted the mavic, phone and controller put the bird up and got the exact same wobble. I landed it again and checked the rear motors and both moved freely. I recalibrated the compass and IMU and got same result. Besides the wobble I noticed it didn't seem to want to fly forward ( didn't tilt like it usually does when flying forward). so out of curiosity I put it in sport mode (for the first time ever) and it seemed to cure the flying forward quirk and minimize the wobble, but it didn't eliminate it. While trying to bring the drone back to me in sport mode I crashed into a palm tree. (my first crash DOH!) I broke part of the gimbal where it mounts to the drone. The mavic does still function but I gave up after I saw the damage to the gimbal. I have sent my info to dji for warranty and I do have dji care refresh I'm just curious if any other pilots have had a similar circumstance

I will try to upload a video I shot before the crash trying to show the issue
I hope some of you can shed light on this as it's very frustrating for a complete nube like me.

mavic

DJI said that since it was in a crash it will have to be sent off for diagnosis and repair. Does anyone have an idea of how long this will take to resolve ?[emoji31]

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I had this issue one time. The whole thing wobbled violently and was almost impossible to control. I recalibrated everything and it went away for me. Sorry about the crash.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Well I brought the Mavic to the UPS store so it can get shipped off. ☹️
Hopefully they can shed some light on why it was shaking/wobbling/vibrating so hard.

In case anyone is interested I did check the prop cage setting before I sent it off and yes it was turned off..[emoji36]

The same problem has happened to my Mavic after 2 weeks. I have re-calibrated the IMU and compass and looked for a firmware upgrade but found in DJI Assistant that I had the latest release so I reloaded the same version. In hover it seems to be intermittent and almost settles down then a small move sets it off again. Any ideas? Obviously I have checked all the props and they are perfect and the motors seem fine running without the props. I hope this is a simple fault to fix and wonder why it has suddenly started. The only thing I did different today was practice setting up way-points, but with the wobble decided not to run the course. Any ideas?

Reactions: Brianna
I wish I had some advice for you but I was unable to fix or even diagnose the issue. The only thing I can say is to try and record what is happening to your Mavic on video and file a claim with DJI. I would also post that video here so that there are documented cases of this issue.

I know your frustration as I was unable to even practice setting up waypoints before my Mavic malfunctioned.

I still think the Mavic is an excellent drone and I am happy with how DJI has dealt with my issue this far.

Hope this helps you out a little bit.

Hi. Since my post the problem has been resolved. I think it was the IMU calibration although I did the full Monty with a reload of firmware, reset to factory settings, re-calibration of the IMU and compass (several times) and I even deleted the Go 4 app and reinstalled. When I tested it again it was as solid as a rock. I think when you're flying with an iPhone it's easy to change the EXP and other settings if you're reviewing the controls. I was looking for waypoints and tried all settings before I found the section. Anyway seems to be back to normal now.

That's awesome, congratulations!
Safe flying ^^

My tracking number says my mavic won't be at the DJI repair facility until Tuesday, and with Chinese New Year coming up I'm just hoping my Mavic isn't a total loss so I won't have to wait in extra month to get back in the air. **face smacks desk** DOH!

Hi, I just started having the same issue as you my Mavic this week. I've calibrated the IMU a couple times and have changed the props to spare new ones. The IMU is only showing ACC0 .001 / ACC1 .003 / GRYO0 .003 / GYRO1 .005 I made sure I did a cold calibration and have the same issue. It was rock steady last time I flied. I did get some updates since then?

Any ideas?

I went into the firmware update with the DJI Assistant and apart from doing a reload of the latest software I did a "reset to factory settings".
There is also a downgrade to last release but I did the reload, abs factory settings reset and when I flew again it was fine, the wobble had gone.

Check firmware and check controller calibration as well, I've seen people's sticks at center but actually 4% off center

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using the MavicPilots app

I redid the stick controllers even though they were centered. Turned off "prop guards", as I did have them removed. It does seem a little better on the chatter, but still drifts outside and inside.
I'll have to read up on how to reload the software and do a factory reset. I hope that does it.

Thanks! :)

Reactions: Skcorsemaj
You will need to plug in your Mavic controller or Mavic via micro USB to your PC using the DJI Assistant. If you can make the connection work then it's easy,

Received a quote from DJI on Wednesday that said the "flight control ESC board" was bad.
Also due to the crash they are replacing the "gimbal control board".
I was confused as to weather I was responsible for paying for the damages because they did not make a deduction for DJI care refresh so I did an online chat and the man said I was responsible for the bill. So I called today to confirm this was the case and the man I spoke to said he talked with his supervisor and that it IS being taken care of under warranty!
Should be fixed within 3-5 days and be on it's way back to me.

75f2ec1bfe55de7ba06dfcaeda2ddace.jpg

You will need to plug in your Mavic controller or Mavic via micro USB to your PC using the DJI Assistant. If you can make the connection work then it's easy,

Thank you for letting me know. :)

Try...
Switch off... Triple pod enabled....

Up and downgrad does the same (as side-effect) as in standard setting after reinstall it is off..

Peter

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki