DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic won’t save pictures, just videos - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t (here is a video of it not)

IME, either have damaged or a faulty mem card. Eject it, carefully clean the contacts.

Best

Update: I refreshed the firmware and took the SD card out. Even with internal storage selected, I can not take a photo. Only video. I get a dash through the photo section just like in the video posted.

Just signed up to say I have the EXACT same issue. Started a few months ago, thought it was odd, no pictures, just video. New SD card as well and it does this with internal storage selected too. Did you ever find a resolution?

Update: I refreshed the firmware and took the SD card out. Even with internal storage selected, I can not take a photo. Only video. I get a dash through the photo section just like in the video posted.
I found a solution! (at least for me). Despite firmware updates and no changes I solved the problem by specifically "resetting all camera settings". Try that.

2 weeks out of warranty and DJI's response was to send it in for a +$1000 camera replacement! The CS rep, nor the tech at the authorized center I was preparing to send it to even offered this troubleshooting technique! So glad it worked and saved myself the hassle (and money). Was also really disappointed that DJI simply tossed me to the curb literally 13 days past warranty period.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore