DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic wouldn't land

skunkman

Reactions
I am very new to drones and have just started with my Mavic. I took it out and launched it off the bow of my boat. When I flew it back the front landing gear touched down but the propellers kept running keeping the rear landing gear off of the ground. I relaunched it and landed it in my hand. Any thoughts as to why it wouldn't land?

I am very new to drones and have just started with my Mavic. I took it out and launched it off the bow of my boat. When I flew it back the front landing gear touched down but the propellers kept running keeping the rear landing gear off of the ground. I relaunched it and landed it in my hand. Any thoughts as to why it wouldn't land?
Did it show any errors? Your VPS could have been confused by your boat. I would try it on land a couple times. The drone uses ultrasonic sensors to determine when it has landed, they may have been confused by the material on your boat.
Regards,
-d.

Did you try the CSC command?

Did it show any errors? Your VPS could have been confused by your boat. I would try it on land a couple times. The drone uses ultrasonic sensors to determine when it has landed, they may have been confused by the material on your boat.
Regards,
-d.
The bow cushion is bright white - I was thinking that this was the issue. I have never had the issue on land.

The bow cushion is bright white - I was thinking that this was the issue. I have never had the issue on land.
If it is a cushion it probably sucked the ultrasonic noise and confused the sensors, cushions, carpet and grass can do this. Glad you are not having issues on land.
Regards,
-d.

Could be that the gyros sensed movement. The motors may not shut off until the craft senses that it is stable on ground (despite what the ultrasonic sensors read).

I've had this happen a couple of times on snow, on a hard packed ski slope, but I was trying to land it on a slightly non-level area off the slope.

You are daring as a new learner. Boat launching seams to be for those with experience. [emoji4]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys