DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic zoom controller

Any particular reason why?

The internal RC battery is a LiPol and the only way to charge it safely is through the controller main board battery management circuit fed through the microUSB port on the button board.

If your controller isn't charging to 100% any more, or is losing charge within minutes of it being disconnected from the charge cable, there are two possibles...

a) the little battery pack beneath the telemetry screen is reaching end-of-life. You can buy a new battery (£46), strip the old one out and replace it. Just make sure you replace like with like: 3950mah.

or...

b) one or more of the micro capacitors feeding the batt. management chip on the controller main board are either on the verge of failure, or have failed. Apart from replacing the controller main board (£156), there is nothing that can be done here. This is a problem that can occur with the 1st generation RC1A controller.

If the microUSB charge/video out port on the left sidewall of the controller has been physically damaged and this is the reason the controller can't be charged normally: it is easy to strip out and replace the whole button board (£29-39).

Last edited:
The batteries charging fine, I just want to be able to charge with 12 volt as I am travelling and do not have access to mains power

The batteries charging fine, I just want to be able to charge with 12 volt as I am travelling and do not have access to mains power
You can buy a car charger (12 volt vehicle plug) for the flight batteries (included in the fly more kit) and yes, you can use a bog-standard USB to MICRO USB cable from your dashboard.

So I can use a usb into the control pannel behind were the phone goes. That's what I was after. Thanks so much

So I can use a usb into the control pannel behind were the phone goes. That's what I was after. Thanks so much
You need a transformer or similar that converts 12V to 5V, with a USB socket. You can buy plenty such things for cars for example. Remember that you have to charge the controller with the micro-USB socket on the left side of the controller. The karger USB-A socket on the bottom back of the controller is not for charging.

Any particular reason why?

The internal RC battery is a LiPol and the only way to charge it safely is through the controller main board battery management circuit fed through the microUSB port on the button board.

If your controller isn't charging to 100% any more, or is losing charge within minutes of it being disconnected from the charge cable, there are two possibles...

a) the little battery pack beneath the telemetry screen is reaching end-of-life. You can buy a new battery (£46), strip the old one out and replace it. Just make sure you replace like with like: 3950mah.

or...

b) one or more of the micro capacitors feeding the batt. management chip on the controller main board are either on the verge of failure, or have failed. Apart from replacing the controller main board (£156), there is nothing that can be done here. This is a problem that can occur with the 1st generation RC1A controller.

If the microUSB charge/video out port on the left sidewall of the controller has been physically damaged and this is the reason the controller can't be charged normally: it is easy to strip out and replace the whole button board (£29-39).
Actually the internal controller battery in a lithium Ion not a lithium polymer and yes there is a difference...just sayin'

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aeronkat