DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Zoom Locks into 2.4mhz

Maxta97

Reactions
Has any one noticed when you have the white DJI Goggles connected to the mavic zoom it locks it to 2.4mhz and in order to switch it back to "dual" you have to relink it and therefore unlink the goggles. So im wondering if the problem with the RE version i have is with the 5.8mhz as i don't have any problems when im using my white goggles which are 2.4mhz only.
Sorry i have a question and also a theory to throw out there. 1548788232353.jpeg

Reactions: squashpile
Has any one noticed when you have the white DJI Goggles connected to the mavic zoom it locks it to 2.4mhz and in order to switch it back to "dual" you have to relink it and therefore unlink the goggles. So im wondering if the problem with the RE version i have is with the 5.8mhz as i don't have any problems when im using my white goggles which are 2.4mhz only.
Sorry i have a question and also a theory to throw out there. View attachment 60971
I have the Goggles RE, but I did read quite alot about the differences between the RE and the standard (white) Goggles.

The reason the Go4 app locks into 2.4Ghz is because the white Goggles are outfitted with Occusync 1, which is a 2.4Ghz band only.

The newer Goggles RE have Occusync 2.0 which provides 2.4 & 5.0Ghz dual band. The Mavic2 series is backward compatible with Occusync 1 however the white Goggles restrict its comms to 2.4Ghz band only.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Maxta97
Sorry i have a question and also a theory to throw out there. View attachment 60971
Im just now realizing that maybe your asking "how to switch back to dual band while using the RE Goggles, after having used the White Goggles before that"

If thats the case, Im sorry I missed that. All I can say is the Mavic2 likely only allows 1 set of Goggles to be linked at one time, so if the White was linked first, that software probably cant be unlocked to allow dual band until the White Goggles are unlinked?

One addition, if you do actually have both sets of Goggles. Id use the white pair as 2.4Ghz offers better Range (while 5.0Ghz is supposed to offer better RF interference handling) because the RE Goggles have a very severe Range Limiting issue when used with the Mavic 2 series drones. (If your not suffering this OR Im totally off base and you dont actually have the RE Goggles at all, then Id say your lucky either way. They look cool but RE drops signal at 1000ft and ALOT have complained about this)

Good luck

No you are totally right and i appreciate your feedback. Its for this reason i unlinked my RE Goggles and reverted back to the white ones as the connection was terrible. Its just that whilst i was fiddling about with the white goggles connected i noticed the white goggles locked the handset to 2.4 only, so by elimination i would assume that the issue with the lack of distance and drop outs with my RE version is because of the 5.0/5.8 connection or alternatively the switching between via the goggles and the M2 . So im going to try and relink the RE goggles then manually lock the M2 to 2.4mhz and see if they still have distant issues. With the white goggles where permitted i can get distances of approximately 6250M

I have the Goggles RE, but I did read quite alot about the differences between the RE and the standard (white) Goggles.

The reason the Go4 app locks into 2.4Ghz is because the white Goggles are outfitted with Occusync 1, which is a 2.4Ghz band only.

The newer Goggles RE have Occusync 2.0 which provides 2.4 & 5.0Ghz dual band. The Mavic2 series is backward compatible with Occusync 1 however the white Goggles restrict its comms to 2.4Ghz band only.

Hope this helps
That was really intuitive thank you.

No you are totally right and i appreciate your feedback. Its for this reason i unlinked my RE Goggles and reverted back to the white ones as the connection was terrible. Its just that whilst i was fiddling about with the white goggles connected i noticed the white goggles locked the handset to 2.4 only, so by elimination i would assume that the issue with the lack of distance and drop outs with my RE version is because of the 5.0/5.8 connection or alternatively the switching between via the goggles and the M2 . So im going to try and relink the RE goggles then manually lock the M2 to 2.4mhz and see if they still have distant issues. With the white goggles where permitted i can get distances of approximately 6250M
Among the several threads on this forum and on DJI forum regarding the issue of Goggles RE and Mavic 2 combo having signal range issues, I have seen others mention the same as you and after their testing (as well as my own) I notice an increase in range when locking in to 2.4Ghz, however, the increase is negligable. Mine has been consistently cutting out at 1000ft. When I lock it into 2.4Ghz, I made it approx 1100ft but this wasnt on every occurance.

So, Id say its part of the overall issue, but there is still much more to it.

Ive eluded to this in other forum threads that Im noticing an extreme correlation regarding signal cutout at 1000ft having alot to do with RF Interference in that area. Let me explain a bit...

So, Ive had 3 good flight with my Goggles RE, where I made it 2+ miles out and all w/o the slightest signal loss... On the other hand, Ive had 60+ flights, using the Goggles RE, where I was SOLID out to 900ft, then 950, stuttering FPV, then 1000ft, complete cutout, Black/White screen...

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MY SUCCESFUL FLIGHTS VS MY 1000FT AWAY CUTOUTS WAS THAT I WAS FLYING OVER LAKE MICH where theres NO RF INTERFERENCE! (I even verified this with an RF Spectrum Analyzer)

All the other locations, where I had 1000ft signal cutouts were in residential areas, or parks, with residences nearby, where there was wifi in the area HOWEVER, not enough to hurt the Mavic 2 signal when the Goggles RE are not connected

THATS MY MAIN SIGNIFIER THAT THERE IS A REAL ISSUE WITH THE GOGGLES RE!
WHEN I HAVE SIGNAL LOSS ON GOGGLES RE, I IMMEDIATELY DISCONNECT/PWR OFF GOGGLES, AND WITHIN 3 SECS, THE MAVIC 2 REGAINS A FULL & SOLID SIGNAL, IN EVERY INSTANCE, AND THEN LITERALLY FLIES FOR MILES.

THATS MY MAIN TEST.

IMO, the issue rests in firmware, where the Goggles RE just freak out in the presence of even the slightest bit of RF Interference.

Alas, we'll never know until DJI decides to give a **** about their customers and our investments!!! A LONG SHOT, Im starting to see.

Reactions: droneduder
Among the several threads on this forum and on DJI forum regarding the issue of Goggles RE and Mavic 2 combo having signal range issues, I have seen others mention the same as you and after their testing (as well as my own) I notice an increase in range when locking in to 2.4Ghz, however, the increase is negligable. Mine has been consistently cutting out at 1000ft. When I lock it into 2.4Ghz, I made it approx 1100ft but this wasnt on every occurance.

Ive eluded to this in other forum threads that Im noticing an extreme correlation regarding signal cutout at 1000ft having alot to do with RF Interference in that area. Let me explain a bit...

So, Ive had 3 good flight with my Goggles RE, where I made it 2+ miles out and all w/o the slightest signal loss... On the other hand, Ive had 60+ flights, using the Goggles RE, where I was SOLID out to 900ft, then 950, stuttering FPV, then 1000ft, complete cutout, Black/White screen...

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MY SUCCESFUL FLIGHTS VS MY 1000FT AWAY CUTOUTS WAS THAT I WAS FLYING OVER LAKE MICH where theres NO RF INTERFERENCE! (I even verified this with an RF Spectrum Analyzer)

All the other locations, where I had 1000ft signal cutouts were in residential areas, or parks, with residences nearby, where there was wifi in the area HOWEVER, not enough to hurt the Mavic 2 signal when the Goggles RE are not connected

WHEN I HAVE SIGNAL LOSS ON GOGGLES RE, I IMMEDIATELY DISCONNECT/PWR OFF GOGGLES, AND WITHIN 3 SECS, THE MAVIC 2 REGAINS A FULL & SOLID SIGNAL, IN EVERY INSTANCE, AND THEN LITERALLY FLIES FOR MILES.

THATS MY MAIN TEST.

IMO, the issue rests in firmware, where the Goggles RE just freak out in the presence of even the slightest bit of RF Interference.

Alas, we'll never know until DJI decides to give a **** about their customers and our investments!!! A LONG SHOT, Im starting to see.
I have to say reading that detailed explanation if nobody recognises you as the ' guru ' of the DJI Forum then they really dont know one lol
You certainly know your stuff.
Can i ask you one more thing as someone didn't answer it correctly for me or at least i didn't understand. I have the antenna system from Titan antennas ( the full switch system ) that utilizes they own tuned booster systems with equally tuned antennas ( so they claim ) Now with my Mavic 1 and extended battery I get a solid 8km and im the one that chooses to turn back . Now im wondering when you activate the goggles do they ( the goggles ) act as the antenna system therefore bypassing the Titan system ? If so it would be pointless me wearing the headphones if I'm using the Titan antennas as they are connected to the handset transmitter.
Guru i hope i made sense here oh fountain of knowledge lol

THATS MY MAIN TEST.

This is the Titan antennas 1143841575.jpeg1834562767.jpeg456243062.jpeg

I have to say reading that detailed explanation if nobody recognises you as the ' guru ' of the DJI Forum then they really dont know one lol
Can i ask you one more thing as someone didn't answer it correctly for me or at least i didn't understand. I have the antenna system from Titan antennas ( the full switch system ) that utilizes they own tuned booster systems with equally tuned antennas ( so they claim ) Now with my Mavic 1 and extended battery I get a solid 8km and im the one that chooses to turn back . Now im wondering when you activate the goggles do they ( the goggles ) act as the antenna system therefore bypassing the Titan system ? If so it would be pointless me wearing the headphones if I'm using the Titan antennas as they are connected to the handset transmitter.
Man oh man, thats been a major question that Ive been wondering myself!

I could make assumptions that lean toward either possibility. Im going to look into that a bit more but Id say thats an important enough question to be asked again on a different forum, if your last didnt yield a decent answer. Some folks like to guess which doesnt help either.

Man oh man, thats been a major question that Ive been wondering myself!

I could make assumptions that lean toward either possibility. Im going to look into that a bit more but Id say thats an important enough question to be asked again on a different forum, if your last didnt yield a decent answer. Some folks like to guess which doesnt help either.
Big respect and your still the Guru even tho this one eluded you !! Thanks

Hi, back again...
I see nobody else has commented on your question regarding whether the Goggles "take over" as the active antenna system used when the Goggles are connected...

I never found an answer myself and I also got side-tracked but I hope someone comes along with some help but I think Im going to start a new thread on that subject anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998