DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Zoom Setting Tricks

Nice video Thank You

So? What have you decided? (g)

Thanks for asking. Seems like the Hassleblad is good if you want to do a lot of post production. I am not interested in this. Hassleblad is also way better for night video and photos, but where I live you can't fly at night. I have a pocket camera with a back lit 1 inch sensor that would be better than the Hassleblad and these photos while okay do not compare to the quality of the night shots from my APS-C mirrorless. So the Hasselblad at night will likely disappoint me if I wanted to do do some renegade night flying.

The zoom is appealing to me. Up to 4 times with lossless optical and the super resolution mode. A 1/2.3 inch sensor is fine for dawn, during the day and dusk.

But I haven't decided. What are you flying? Are you happy with it?

I think no matter which one I buy, it will be fine and I will be disappointed not having the missing feature.

Thanks for asking. Seems like the Hassleblad is good if you want to do a lot of post production. I am not interested in this. Hassleblad is also way better for night video and photos, but where I live you can't fly at night. I have a pocket camera with a back lit 1 inch sensor that would be better than the Hassleblad and these photos while okay do not compare to the quality of the night shots from my APS-C mirrorless. So the Hasselblad at night will likely disappoint me if I wanted to do do some renegade night flying.

The zoom is appealing to me. Up to 4 times with lossless optical and the super resolution mode. A 1/2.3 inch sensor is fine for dawn, during the day and dusk.

But I haven't decided. What are you flying? Are you happy with it?

I think no matter which one I buy, it will be fine and I will be disappointed not having the missing feature.

Actually, I replied to the thread you posted in and said this:

I vacillated for about a week. I finally decided:

1- that I'm not going to be producing pro-video or images at this stage in my life,
2- the zoom added a fun feature and
3- for the price difference I might be able to fly to someplace fun and use the Zoom. (g)

Reactions: E92Vancouver
That was my thoughts too. My first Mavic and I like the idea of the zoom features. Next one might be a Pro, or whatever it will be called in a few years when I’m bored with the zoom. Loving the Zoom but now disappointed with the brightness of my iPhone!

Great video, thanks for sharing. I’m coming over to Vancouver in May (luckily before the new regs !) for 2 days before taking a cruise to Alaska. As someone with local knowledge, are there any “drone friendly “ sites in the area I could have a “look at”? Thanks, take care. Peter

Great video, thanks for sharing. I’m coming over to Vancouver in May (luckily before the new regs !) for 2 days before taking a cruise to Alaska. As someone with local knowledge, are there any “drone friendly “ sites in the area I could have a “look at”? Thanks, take care. Peter

For drone flying I would recommend Spanish Banks, Kits Point, Cypress Mountain and Seymour Mountain.

Reactions: ChoccyBoy and ff22
So why did you sell your Zoom?

Well I started off buying the Evo. And after seeing what kind of quality control they have I sent it back for a refund and bought the Zoom. No regrets at all.

Well I started off buying the Evo. And after seeing what kind of quality control they have I sent it back for a refund and bought the Zoom. No regrets at all.

what do you mean with quality control?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka