DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Zoom Arrived Today

Happyflyer

Reactions
I was going to wait a little longer to purchase the new Zoom. Well, I managed to sell something large the other day and that told me not to wait. It came UPS and I almost went into shock since they dropped it off at 12:45 Pm. Totally unheard of from UPS at my house. Almost always I am very close to an empty truck when they get to my house. Five to seven is more like it. So that gave me some time to charge things up and read things over for the 10th time. Later I was ready and so was the small cold front. Got .35" of rain in a very short time. Soon as front went through, fast, I was able to pop off the ground in beginners mode. Since I have a big Huawei MediaPad M5 lite, I ordered a mount for it. I just sat in the back of my van and had the pad next to me connected with the long cable. Too many trees here to do much in my driveway and front yard. I do live in the woods. I will say that it is VERY different than the old P2 I flew around for about 2-1/2 years. So much more for a person to remember. I bought the Mav and a kit. So I got some extra "stuff" with it.
I must say the box it came in is so fancy one could almost use it for a case. Probably the box added $100 to the quads cost.
I get a kick out of those "floppy" props. If you told someone years ago that their quad will have folding props they would told you your nuts. Bummer we are going into Winter here. I wish it was May so I would have more warm time to have a blast.
Hope you are still awake with this long story.....:)

I was going to wait a little longer to purchase the new Zoom. Well, I managed to sell something large the other day and that told me not to wait. It came UPS and I almost went into shock since they dropped it off at 12:45 Pm. Totally unheard of from UPS at my house. Almost always I am very close to an empty truck when they get to my house. Five to seven is more like it. So that gave me some time to charge things up and read things over for the 10th time. Later I was ready and so was the small cold front. Got .35" of rain in a very short time. Soon as front went through, fast, I was able to pop off the ground in beginners mode. Since I have a big Huawei MediaPad M5 lite, I ordered a mount for it. I just sat in the back of my van and had the pad next to me connected with the long cable. Too many trees here to do much in my driveway and front yard. I do live in the woods. I will say that it is VERY different than the old P2 I flew around for about 2-1/2 years. So much more for a person to remember. I bought the Mav and a kit. So I got some extra "stuff" with it.
I must say the box it came in is so fancy one could almost use it for a case. Probably the box added $100 to the quads cost.
I get a kick out of those "floppy" props. If you told someone years ago that their quad will have folding props they would told you your nuts. Bummer we are going into Winter here. I wish it was May so I would have more warm time to have a blast.
Hope you are still awake with this long story.....:)
I was also very excited and overly cautious when I bought my Zoom 6 weeks ago. My Amish friends just love it. Seeing their farms from 300 feet. I paid $500 extra for a two year repair plan fro Best Buy. I hope I get to use it. Ebay sell these very bright stobes that you tape on and I just love them. They are about $36 free shipping. I have two blues and one red and blue. They last for hours and are rechargeable. This forum is wonderful and so is youtube. Best WISHES. I am truly amazed all of the flights.

Reactions: Greenflash
.....Ebay sell these very bright strobes that you tape on and I just love them. They are about $36 free shipping. I have two blues and one red and blue. They last for hours and are rechargeable. This forum is wonderful and so is youtube. Best WISHES. I am truly amazed all of the flights.
I had very bright colored strobes on my P2. That thing almost looked like an ambulance going down the road.

Onward and Upward

Have fun and be safe!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy