DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavicPro in Iceland

mkaiser

Reactions
Guys I am going to Iceland for a week and would like to take my MavicPro with me.

1) Can you fly in the cold weather if its not snowing, raining?
2) I hear it’s legal to fly up to 400 meters ?
3) Do I need special permissions ?

Thanks

1. Yes. Keep the batteries warm in a pocket or in some place where they will stay warm. They need to be warm before flight. Dont try to use a cold battery and run the Mavic Pro to warm it up.
2. The Icelandic Transport Authority has issued new rules governing the use of aerial drones in Iceland. The new rules prohibit the use of drones within 2 km (1.24 miles) of commercial airports and within 1.5 km (0.93 miles) of other airports.

This makes it illegal to operate a drone in downtown Reykjavík, the old harbour and the nearby residential areas. It will, however, be legal to operate drones within these areas if the drone at no time files higher than the nearby buildings. According to the new rules it will also become illegal to fly drones at altitudes greater than 130 meters (427 feet).

3.More Information on the subject Iceland Drone Laws – UAV Systems International

4. I am very very jealous! Iceland is an amazingly picturesque place! Get on some Icelandic forums and ask the locals where the very best spots to fly are. They are the ones that will know. Its like asking the locals where the best hole in the wall food joint is. Tour books will advertise the places that pay to be within the advertisement and not the local "hole in the walls".

Reactions: 3dndrone
Interesting topic here!
Im going to Iceland too in April 2018 and was wondering the same. I think you have to keep the battery warm enough. As I see the drone law is like in most other countries.
When are you going? Would love to see some pictires from you [emoji6]

Hi new pilot here, I bought my mavic specifically for a trip to Iceland next month. Have been looking for advice on this too. [emoji4]

Reactions: 3dndrone
Was there in November. At the waterfalls there were no drones allowed signs. Glacier lagoon too. My drone crashed in Iceland due to very strong winds.

92b875df4268e8d02137f1d0345337ac.jpg
West Iceland.... very strong winds near the coast. Mavic pro controller kept wind velocity alerts on almost all the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc