DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max Altitude reached ??

David Smith

Reactions
Good morning world. I'm from the UK. An area called Suffolk. Not much high ground there right. I've only flown my Mavic Mini drone in Suffolk. So why when I have my Maximum altitude set to 500 ft, does the controller say "Maximum altitude reached " as 160 ft? I've had the mini for eight months. And never had this warning before. Well unless I've had it set to a lower height.
Please help guys.Dave

Are you certain you have not accidentally reduced the max height?
If still at "500ft", have you added anything to the drone weightwise? There is a "payload mode" which is triggered above a certain weight, that mode limits both height and range but I thought it was something like 30m high and 50m range.

HOWEVER, are you aware that the CAA rules stipulate a ceiling of 400ft above the ground beneath the drone?
A ceiling of 500ft would be ok if you flew up a rise of more than100ft but if you are flying over flat ground level with your feet ............

Reactions: PistonPete
the max AGL as @PhiliusFoggg said is 400ft or 120m are you near to any reduced height restricted controlled air space ,or maybe there is a temporary notam in place

Reactions: Droniac
My MM always warns me in DJI Fly app that I went over the 120m. I consider this as a general notification, because in many EU countries 120m is the highest legal altitude (in Czechia it is 300m).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929