DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Max Distance" when flying

billryanLBC

Reactions
Hi all...This may be a dumb question: I fly my new Mavic Pro Plat from a boat to film and take stills of said boat. I keep getting a "Max Distance Reached" message and then the drone won't come back to me...I have to go to IT......Is this because it is reaching a max distance from the 'home point' (of where I launched, and have since moved?) I have to believe it is me...a wrong setting, etc, rather than a problem with the drone.. Today, I had 3 min of flying time left, and we had to get the boat back under the drone so I could bring it down to me. I was starting to panic...
Is there a dynamic home point option?? I assume it should be using the controller as the home point, but can't seem to find that setting.
Any advice would be helpful.

Hi all...This may be a dumb question: I fly my new Mavic Pro Plat from a boat to film and take stills of said boat. I keep getting a "Max Distance Reached" message and then the drone won't come back to me...I have to go to IT......Is this because it is reaching a max distance from the 'home point' (of where I launched, and have since moved?) I have to believe it is me...a wrong setting, etc, rather than a problem with the drone.. Today, I had 3 min of flying time left, and we had to get the boat back under the drone so I could bring it down to me. I was starting to panic...
Is there a dynamic home point option?? I assume it should be using the controller as the home point, but can't seem to find that setting.
yes the distance is from your take off or home point and it will geofence at what ever you have that set at in the app

What is the Max Distance that you have set?
You are able to change that.
But if you are flying from a moving boat, youcan solve your problem by updating your home point from time to time during the flight.
Since the HP is going to be out of data a few seconds after you update, it's good enough to just update to the current location of the aircraft.
Do that every few minutes and you won't get any issues with distance limits or having the drone think it has to zip off to where you launched because it almost doesn't have enough battery to get all the way back there.

I had exactly the problem with my Spark when flying from a yacht. Totally did not think that the HP would be left behind! Only speedy action by the skipper saved the day. Lesson learnt and hoping to fly my new MPP from the yacht this year. Still have to work out how to land on a moving yacht!

What is the Max Distance that you have set?
You are able to change that.
But if you are flying from a moving boat, youcan solve your problem by updating your home point from time to time during the flight.
Since the HP is going to be out of data a few seconds after you update, it's good enough to just update to the current location of the aircraft.
Do that every few minutes and you won't get any issues with distance limits or having the drone think it has to zip off to where you launched because it almost doesn't have enough battery to get all the way back there.
How do you update home pint?

How do you update home pint?
It's the first option in MC Settings
i-d5NL6cM-L.png

Reactions: MavicDelight
Just found this thread and have a question. I have seen the message warning of maximum flight distance has been reached. How do I either turn this off or extend the range? Can I do it through the app without being connected to navicular or controller?

Just found this thread and have a question. I have seen the message warning of maximum flight distance has been reached. How do I either turn this off or extend the range? Can I do it through the app without being connected to navicular or controller?
Turn off Enable Max Distance .. or change the distance that's been set.
But since it's one of the settings that's stored in the drone, you'll have to do it while the drone is connected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys