DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max one way distance - 44, 000 feet (8 miles)

Pauls702

Reactions
Tried a one way distance run today. Got over 8 miles before the battery started to die.
Didn't have enough juice to land so I crashed.
It still had a lot of signal left so I'm sure it can go even longer if I had enough juice.

It can go 2x the distance that DJI claims

No mods and in open desert

Screenshot_2017-12-08-20-38-58.jpg

Last edited:
nice thats good range man. I did 8.7 miles out and back on stock RC with batteries, i know a few guys have gone 10+ miles on the stock RC with batteries added. Did you get the Mavic back? how bad was it??

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Th
nice thats good range man. I did 8.7 miles out and back on stock RC with batteries, i know a few guys have gone 10+ miles on the stock RC with batteries added. Did you get the Mavic back? how bad was it??

I've done 9.4 miles round trip
I got it back but the gimbal and rear arm broke.

Wait....why didn’t the auto landing happen at 10% battery? Why the crash?

You can probably get even more range if you can find an even more isolated spot.
The real limiter is the SN (Signal to Noise ratio). If you have Zero background noise you could probably double that distance. Of course to do that you would probably need to be flying at night over the water and somewhere where no WiFi and other man made signals are present.
It would make for an interesting and expensive experiment.

Rob

he likely kept cancelling to get the mileage

How about this? Find a place in the desert where there's a dirt road going more or less straight for miles, fly your Mavic along the road, have your friend follow it and grab it when it starts autolanding (or grab it at 1% if you disabled critical autolanding).

3. ???
4. GLORY WITHOUT PAIN :D

Reactions: Pauls702 and JMF
man,waiting till Chrstmas till i get my MP is hard
I NEED SOME WUNDERDRUGS:eek:

You just need to push the left stick forward to maintain altitude. If you do the same to the right stick simultaneously, the drone would keep going forward.
That’s right. I remember now. I’ve not got that low, but I do remember reading that somewhere, probably the manual.

my first 2 mile flight i was scared also. and mine was over water. i thought i was doomed. ahahahaha but nope. i did it :)

There is. But it requires... Wunderskillz :D
You just need to push the left stick forward to maintain altitude. If you do the same to the right stick simultaneously, the drone would keep going forward.
That’s right. I remember now. I’ve not got that low, but I do remember reading that somewhere, probably the manual.
Once the battery hits 0% it will forcibly auto-land. It will descend but you can still move it horizontally. Once it lands it powers down immediately. The battery has some reserve not reflected in the percentages.

It starts to land at 10% but you can keep increasing your altitude. I Kept pushing it out as far as I can go, but I couldn't judge the altitude or I would have landed earlier. It was showing -825 Feet before it died and crashed.

Once the battery hits 0% it will forcibly auto-land. It will descend but you can still move it horizontally. Once it lands it powers down immediately. The battery has some reserve not reflected in the percentages.
I though the same thing about the additional reserve, but it wasn't the case. One it hit 1%, it fell out out of the sky.
I couldn't get it down fast enough

How about this? Find a place in the desert where there's a dirt road going more or less straight for miles, fly your Mavic along the road, have your friend follow it and grab it when it starts autolanding (or grab it at 1% if you disabled critical autolanding).

3. ???
4. GLORY WITHOUT PAIN :D
I didn't want any interference from anything at all, but that cross my mind ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1