DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max one way distance - 44, 000 feet (8 miles)

You can probably get even more range if you can find an even more isolated spot.
The real limiter is the SN (Signal to Noise ratio). If you have Zero background noise you could probably double that distance. Of course to do that you would probably need to be flying at night over the water and somewhere where no WiFi and other man made signals are present.
It would make for an interesting and expensive experiment.

Rob
It wasn't a function of the location but the battery was my limiting factor. I think I could have flown at least another 2 miles.

Just shows how well this machine is engineered

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
FYI this was a band new battery. Not really any wind and nothing obstructing the line of site between the RC and unit

Tried a one way distance run today. Got over 8 miles before the battery started to die.

It’s not that I doubt you, because everyone for the most part knows that the Mavic has incredible range, but could you post the flight log?

I’d be interested in seeing that.

Reactions: Luca Brazzi
This is with actual flying, but I'm just curious: has anyone tested the actual max RC range in clear LOS just by turning Mavic on and driving away until signal is lost?
Very few roads offer the same quality of a line of sight as being 400 ft. in the air. You would have the magnetic and electronic interference of the vehicle and probably power lines along the route. It just wouldn't be an equivalent comparison. Interesting, but not equivalent.

Hey, found this on YouTube for all you who admire pushing the envelope.
This guy takes his mavic straight up from his backyard, amazing flight.

You can probably get even more range if you can find an even more isolated spot.
The real limiter is the SN (Signal to Noise ratio). If you have Zero background noise you could probably double that distance. Of course to do that you would probably need to be flying at night over the water and somewhere where no WiFi and other man made signals are present.
It would make for an interesting and expensive experiment.

Rob
I’ve seen a video someone with a cabin and he flew , I forget the distance, but flew his Mavic to his cabin and landed on the deck, thats the way to do a long distant test one way..lol

That is some serious distance, hopefully way out away from any person or property, ( FAA Line of sight issue there) That is an expensive test if you lose the bird. The only way I would attempt that is out in the desert with MILES of straight road and I would have someone to follow as they drove so as to not lose that bad boy.
Did you do that with stick antenna, no parabolic boosters? distance on these drones is very impressive, hope tech will soon allow us to go out of the line of sight with new types sensors.

That is some serious distance, hopefully way out away from any person or property, ( FAA Line of sight issue there) That is an expensive test if you lose the bird. The only way I would attempt that is out in the desert with MILES of straight road and I would have someone to follow as they drove so as to not lose that bad boy.
Did you do that with stick antenna, no parabolic boosters? distance on these drones is very impressive, hope tech will soon allow us to go out of the line of sight with new types sensors.

It was in the desert with a straight 9mile road to drive and recover the unit
I mapped out points were I can land it safely

Didn't see one car or person for an hour. It's a very remote area

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
It starts to land at 10% but you can keep increasing your altitude. I Kept pushing it out as far as I can go, but I couldn't judge the altitude or I would have landed earlier. It was showing -825 Feet before it died and crashed.
I have recently purchased a Mavic Pro in rural Qld Australia. I need altitude at times over a mountain and it tells me I have reached Max Altitude at 200 mtrs. Can I over-ride this?

Hey mate, do you have the casa app called 'can I fly there'. You might be in a restricted area. You can adjust height limit in settings but in certain areas it will revert to the max height limit allowed when you save and exit. You could try taking it to an area that's not restricted, change your Max height then seeing what it does when you return to your normal flight area.

Rodkat I know it's not your video but it is just straight-up stupid it really is man not trying to be the drone police but that's crazy. Taking it that high... Distance is another story at least you're below 400 ft and can see what's around you.... Up that high you won't see that plane until it hits you.... So imo stupid and super *** video just to get views

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet