DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum speed with tailwind = no faster than 43mph :(

Talley

Reactions
Had a good strong 15-20mph winds today. Was hoping to get to 60mph but I quickly found out that once you hit your 43mph the power is reduced and you go no faster :(

My P3P I can put in ATTI mode and catch a tail wind and go pretty quick. My personal best is 60.4mph. I was hoping to get faster than that.

How do you get to ATTI mode manually or can you?

No you can't. But you can get it to go alot faster. Can't talk about it but if you Google it you'll see. You tube also.

Reactions: Bunny Too
ah. No thanks no need to mod mine to get it to go faster. Just something I found out while flying. I have the DJI care package so I don't want to ruin that.

In the old days the Phantoms had no such locks. I hit 69..61 mph with my original P2V in a strong tailwind. I flew them at over 60 lots of times and never had any issues so I don't really know why DJI made this change with the original Mavic 2 years ago. I guess "safety". It was an awesome sight watching a Phantom blast by at nearly 70 mph. Others had them going up to 80.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Well I'm sure the P4 can still do it. Flip the switch to ATTI mode and catch a tail wind.

Well I'm sure the P4 can still do it. Flip the switch to ATTI mode and catch a tail wind.

Not so sure. In 170 flights my fastest with a P4 was only 57 mph. Could be unlimited as well. But my P3 could easily go 65 and probably 70+ like the P2s.

I'm guessing it's a kenetic energy caution game. The speed at which you crash is with the tailwind included (of course), which is why with a light manned aircraft, or glider, landing into or with the wind can easily be a life or death differences. 65 knot landing speed, 25 kt wind. 90 kt vs 40 kt landing speeds. With kenetic energy varying with v squared, it's a life changing difference. With the drone we're being protected from ourselves. QUESTION: We fly out against, back with the wind. At max speed position, you'll get the outgoing ground speed back on the return leg. With the current firmware you WON'T, BUT you'll be using less power with the speed control (left stick is not really the throttle) at full forward. This will give increased range with the wind, but would it be the same as with constant power and higher groundspeed?

Same here, I cant get the mavic air over 30km/h and its said to max out at 67km/h hmmm this might be a regulation or is there something in the software to activate? I checked, not running beginner mode and also sports mode doesnt change much. I did had a crash with it, but nothing serious, this little champ takes a punch... i cant get any faster than 30... strange aaaand i also noticed a error message saing additional weight registered ... i brought it home as i didnt had any weight attached.... firmware update has been made today,... honna try this out tomorrow and see;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452