DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

May soon sell Mavic 2 Pro batteries-determining what people want to knowabout batteries besides cycle count

beeflyin

Reactions
I have four Mavic 2 Pro batteries that I plan to sell, and finally found out how to check the number of charges on them through Airdata. One only charged 3 times, one 21, one 24, and one 25 times. Is there anything (BESIDES PRICE) other than charges and serial numbers that someone would want to know prior to purchasing? I've never sold online through ebay or anything like that, so have to figure out shipping too. Just checking to see what other info someone may ask me for. I'm thinking $70/each for the batteries but have some chargers and filters too, so may do a bundle.

Last edited:
I have four Mavic 2 Pro batteries that I plan to sell, and finally found out how to check the number of charges on them through Airdata. One only charged 3 times, one 21, one 24, and one 25 times. Is there anything (BESIDES PRICE) other than charges and serial numbers that someone would want to know prior to purchasing? I've never sold online through ebay or anything like that, so have to figure out shipping too. Just checking to see what other info someone may ask me for. I'm thinking $70/each for the batteries but have some chargers and filters too, so may do a bundle.
If you list them on e-bay, e-bay has a built in way of calculating shipping costs dependent on your choice of carrier and speed of delivery. Just know the dimensions, of the package and the weight of the package and e-bay will present you with details of costs and actually allow you to print a shipping label at their discounted shipping prices with USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc. EBay does take a significant percent for the listing and they also generate an invoice including the local state tax.

There are several things you can do to also add to your knowledge of these batteries. On the bottom of each the top line of the label will have the “DJI” logo on the left if it is a DJI battery. On that line to the right it should say “Lithium Ion Polymer, Rechargeable Battery” or “Self-Heating Version.”

I can‘t vouch for the quality of non-DJI batteries. Maybe others can recommend from their experiences.

The second thing I’d suggest would be to put each one on a flat surface, label down. If the battery can rock sideways, even slightly, it’s swollen and needs extra attention in using or, possibly, discarding. I’ve read that there might be some swelling after flying with the battery, but a still good/safe battery will lose that bulge after sitting, which I assume yours have had time to do.

I know that you were having trouble checking the info of your batteries. How were you finally able to ascertain the number of chargings for each?

I’d be interested in buying these if they pass those tests, and we can agree on a price. It might be we can’t exchange personal information on this site and you’ll have to announce when you’ve put them on eBay where the transaction is secure and safe for both.

eBay would also be a good place to list those items that readers here won’t need like chargers and filters. (I have a Zoom, so your filters won’t work for me.

Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13