DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

McGanksta's Master Thread

Ok, so new props are installed, but have not been able to make a test flight due to weather/wind/life....
Going to try and get her up in the air today after work and see what happens.

I am really looking forward to the Maven Lite app making it to full release status as well.

Is there "best option" for browser-based waypoint mission planning? I have never done anything like it so, I would like to tinker.

McG

Reactions: Honk
I finally got her in the air for a very short test flight with the MAS props, she looks good! Not sure there are any other noticeable changes.
Big update is I purchased and installed Litchi, and will start trying to build my first Mission in the hub tomorrow so I can try and fly it this week.
Not going to lie, the fact that you can not add the different flight modes, like orbit, to your mission.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlynde
So, I built a mission in Litchi, moved it over to VLM (Virtual Litchi Mission) and found that there is a Helix preplanned segment you can add to your mission, so I added that. In an overabundance of caution, I set my altitude a bit higher than I needed too. The actual flight was a bit odd, first time I was not the main input. It was a bit windy, and I stopped the mission about 1/2 through the last orbit, or about a minute early.

There several mistakes made in the planning, mainly due to me just not knowing what Litchi and do, or how to get it to do it. I have received great information from @RodPad and @sam36401. I feel like I am ahead of the learning curve because of all their help!

There is a lot more Litchi discussion in this thread My Other Thread, also the mission file is shared there.

McG

Reactions: RodPad
THANKS! I have many more things I can share, did you play the mission on Google Earth Pro so you could see what camera is going to record?

Rod

Reactions: McGanksta
I played it in VLM, but not Google earth, that tip and trick will be employed next time!

Your missing out, VLM sends it to Google Earth Pro, that's how I new you had camera position problems before you flew it.

Rod

Your missing out, VLM sends it to Google Earth Pro, that's how I new you had camera position problems before you flew it.

Rod
I will sort it out and learn up on it

Actually your getting me back on track, I don't remember if I flew last year at all. I have only flown the MM1 maybe three times, never with Litchi. I took a break from theses forums for three years.
I think I got my MM1 before.
If I remember correctly, His daughter was buying it for him for xmas. But I do have memory problems. Thumbswayup

Rod

I am really trying to decide if I want to sell my Mini2, and roll that money into a an Air 2s, or just hope I can find a decent used Air 2s in about 6 months, and keep the Mini2.

I don't have a clue what the difference is. :)
I only speak what I know, If I don't know then I say so..

Rod

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore