DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to decide where to spend my money

McGanksta

Reactions
Good morning,
I currently fly a Mini 2, well fly might be an overstating of my skills, but I digress
I am in the market for a 3rd party control app, my current phone is the Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 13
I was pretty excited about Maven, but the current iteration for Android is still being worked.

So I am looking at Litchi or Drone Link, currently looking at the DroneLink Basic, but if I can be convinced the the Premium is worth it I will consider it.
I am a hobbyist, and have no plans to move toward making money at this time.
I want to be able to have the drone track me or my phone while I am out running some low end trails in my 4x4
Also I want to be able to plan waypoint missions to take some nice videos of some of the amazing places here in Colorado.
Thank you so much.

McG

Reactions: mark.pinskey
Good morning,
I currently fly a Mini 2, well fly might be an overstating of my skills, but I digress
I am in the market for a 3rd party control app, my current phone is the Samsung S23 Ultra running Android 13
I was pretty excited about Maven, but the current iteration for Android is still being worked.

So I am looking at Litchi or Drone Link, currently looking at the DroneLink Basic, but if I can be convinced the the Premium is worth it I will consider it.
I am a hobbyist, and have no plans to move toward making money at this time.
I want to be able to have the drone track me or my phone while I am out running some low end trails in my 4x4
Also I want to be able to plan waypoint missions to take some nice videos of some of the amazing places here in Colorado.
Thank you so much.

McG
litchi is well worth the money, it does what you want and more, don't forget your email and password when buying so you can install it on the rest of your devices free

Reactions: RodPad
To add to that, you can go to there mission hub, I only use a computer to create my mission. Doesn't cost anything, you just can't save them. You have to have the app to run the mission. I don't actually know what the app costs anymore, I bought it like 5+ years ago? With your purchase it was for an Android or crApple.
I use a crApple. Anyways I will check back here later, I got some more Litchi stuff I could share with you. But these members are really great!

Rod

Reactions: Grandpa
Both Apps cost the same, well at least for the basic Drone Link version ($25)
I have not purchased anything yet, I am trying to get a good read on if Litchi is running well on Android 13, more specifically on the S23 platform.
I do think that drone link my be "overkill" but do not want to rule it out.

McG

Agreed on the apps cost the same, I have both. But whatever type you purchase can only be used on that type. There was some difference what can be done between the two types.

$25.00 is really pretty cool. Thumbswayup I keep thinking they will have to do a yearly rate, but if they keep getting new buyers. I guess its working in their business plan.

Let me know if you can access the hub preferably with a computer and If you want me to post some links etc.

To me their web sight is really confusing.

Rod

I have looked at the Mission Hub, I need to sit down and plan a mission with it. The more I look at DL, the more I think it is more than what I need. I need the auto shots (orbit, dronie, stuff like that) GPS tracking for following my Bronco, and waypoints....

I hope that I can open the mission hub from work

See if these open on a computer.

This was a project I playing with when the houses were being built. The houses show up now, but I have some pics where they just starting. I was going to make a collection every week, just didn't keep it up. I ran this at my dads house.

A loop to a friend I grew up with.

Looking for my PV2+ I lost July 2015. If Marco isn't ready, I don't start the props, never again!

All missions where done with ether a P3S, or P3A.
If you modify, etc, it don't matter, if you have an account you can save them to yours.
If those don't load up, let me know!
If you want to see the next level of planning with Google Earth Pro, let me know.

All this is a learning curve!

I just tried the links on a different browser, that I was not logged in to, they worked.

The stuff I do is 90% video.

Rod

Reactions: McGanksta
Thank you very much!
A few questions, can you move these missions to a new location?
can you pre-fly them virtually?

Yes. missions can be moved to a different location.
Yes, you can preview them using the Virtual Litchi Mission

And a great User Forum

Yes. missions can be moved to a different location.
Yes, you can preview them using the Virtual Litchi Mission

And a great User Forum
Dude, I was saving the VLM for later. He is going burn is brain, it took me a couple of years to figure this stuff out, I wrote a POS computer program for are business. We used it from (1990 => 2020).
It is funny, how we all comprehend things different!

Rod

Reactions: McGanksta
LoL

So, Mission Hub is blocked here at work....like most everything else to include YouTube and my Microsoft/Gmail

Thanks for the update, I just got back online again, Long story, it was a Monday 13th and still haven't fixed every thing yet. Anyways you haven't got to look at the missions I shared with you?
You can view them with a mobile device, if you don't the app, I assume you need to use a browser, but a just don't like using a mobile device for modifying missions.

Let us know, many others will help.

Rod

Others,
If I'm telling something wrong, Please Post..

I understand Monday the 13th for sure.

I took a quick peek at them the other day, but have not spent any time with them yet
I did spend 6 hours after work editing a wedding video for a friend, to be told it was no good...

I understand Monday the 13th for sure.

I took a quick peek at them the other day, but have not spent any time with them yet
I did spend 6 hours after work editing a wedding video for a friend, to be told it was no good...
OMG!, I hope there wasn't any thing to do with money. I got two buddies from high school that won't talk to each other in the last 4 years. There was some money issues and some others.

Anyways, My personality gets me in trouble, so..
Thanks!
I feel better now.. Thumbswayup:)

Rod..

no money, and not really an issue, she is a bride and wants it how she wants it...lol...still love them to death

no money, and not really an issue, she is a bride and wants it how she wants it...lol...still love them to death
Texting...
Now If I knew it was the bride that didn't like it :)

Anyways, I will leave this thread alone, until there is some new stuff.

Rod

I think the weather will be kinda bad the rest of the week, so I should have time to look at the missions you posted in more detail.
I need to play with the Mission Hub and see how I like it, as well as the mission planner for Drone Link

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard