DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suitable Android phone as a controller form the Mini 3 Pro

MJ224

Reactions
As an Apple Phone user, I have to buy an Android phone to run Litchi Pilot for my newly acquired Mini 3 Pro.

I am not familiar with Android phones, thus asking what would be an economic Android phone.

I have Googled the Q, it seems that the Huawei P10 might work, it has 32gb, and 3gb of RAM. on Ebay for about £70.

It would never be used as phone , just a controller.

Any opinions on this, or alternatives...

TIA

When i first started flying drones I used a phone and tablet. I bought the ones with the highest NITS/Brightness. However, when they got hot in the sun, they quickly diminsihed their brightness and I could barely see anything. This is still the case and still a big problem with phones and tables. If you choose to buy a phone, make sure you get one with the highest NITS available and one that won't diminish the screen NITS too much when hot.

I went the android TRIPLTEK route at first. 2000 NITS without brightness reduction in hot environments. It worked awesome. But it was expensive.

I finally got tired of these "attach a device to the remote" style of controllers and I only buy controllers with the screen installed into the RC controller. Once you experience this, you won't want to go back.

Consider a used Samsung Galaxy series phone. They're available on Amazon with warranties and at a fraction the cost of new devices. I've used them on several drones and as primary phones. But lately, as @StevenBrodsky says, I'm finding the convenience of a controller with integrated screen to be more attractive.

I use Huawei phones and tablets on my drones. Huawei has a reputation of high build quality, stable and robust phones.
I have had zero problems with mine, they just work. Older Samsung phones are also very good.

As an Apple Phone user, I have to buy an Android phone to run Litchi Pilot for my newly acquired Mini 3 Pro.

I am not familiar with Android phones, thus asking what would be an economic Android phone.

I have Googled the Q, it seems that the Huawei P10 might work, it has 32gb, and 3gb of RAM. on Ebay for about £70.

It would never be used as phone , just a controller.

Any opinions on this, or alternatives...

TIA
I found that 32gig devices get filled up very quickly by the DJI bloat-ware, which can cause problems. I ended up using a Lenovo 10" tablet with 128gb and 3gb of RAM. so far: so good and I run both GO4 and FLY on it. On top of that, the screen size is perfect.

I just have to say it. It just my opinion, no offense to anyone. There is no good tablet or phone. There is just bad and worse or least worse. Just buy the least worse or least bad.

I just have to say it. It just my opinion, no offense to anyone. There is no good tablet or phone. There is just bad and worse or least worse. Just buy the least worse or least bad.
What do you mean?
We that fly drones use the phone or tablet only beccause of the screen.

What do you mean?
We that fly drones use the phone or tablet only beccause of the screen.
The only tablets I have seen that are adequate is Tripltek's tablets. They have the needed brightness and are not affected by heat which diminishes the brigtness of so many other tablets and phones.

The other option for me, is to only by remotes with screens built in. They are of adequate brightness and do not diminish with heat. Plus, they are less bulky and make a great flight experience.

I said what I said, because all I used were tablets and phones when I first started flying drones. When I switched to tripltek, then to RC's with screens in them, I looked at attaching phones and tablets to a controller as arcane. And, the screen brightness is just inadequate.

The only tablets I have seen that are adequate is Tripltek's tablets. They have the needed brightness and are not affected by heat which diminishes the brigtness of so many other tablets and phones.

The other option for me, is to only by remotes with screens built in. They are of adequate brightness and do not diminish with heat. Plus, they are less bulky and make a great flight experience.

I said what I said, because all I used were tablets and phones when I first started flying drones. When I switched to tripltek, then to RC's with screens in them, I looked at attaching phones and tablets to a controller as arcane. And, the screen brightness is just inadequate.
i have iphone 8 and i dont se any difference on that screen and on my computer.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne