DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to decide where to spend my money

I will take a look, that was one of the first tips I was going to tell you. How to share a mission.

Rod

Edit..
It works, OMG, That hurts my head right now..

Last edited:
Reactions: McGanksta
I got some really good information and tips from Sam, I made a few adjustments, and am taking the drone out in a few hours. The Corkscrew was just thrown on to see what it did and I kept it, lol...any footage is good foe me to pay with right now

Reactions: RodPad
I just got my laptop working with VLM and GEP, I have never used my laptop for this, but I did get to watch you mission in motion, I don't know if you got that far yet, But your not going to hit any trees.
Let me know.

Rod

I just got my laptop working with VLM and GEP, I have never used my laptop for this, but I did get to watch you mission in motion, I don't know if you got that far yet, But your not going to hit any trees.
Let me know.

Rod
Just back to the house
Yeah I could have dropped the altitude some....cut the mission short about 1/2 through the final orbit because of the wind ...will look at the footage in a bit

Question
With Litchi where do I find my flight logs?

For Android mobile devices, connect your mobile device to a computer via a USB cable and go to:
  • DJI GO 3
    • DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord
  • DJI GO 4
    • DJI\dji.go.v4\FlightRecord
  • DJI Fly
    • DJI\dji.go.v5\FlightRecord (for older versions of DJI Fly)
    • DJI\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord (for iOS devices)
    • or Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord (for Android devices)

Reactions: RodPad
Thanks! again, I was going to say your going need to ask an Android-er.

Rod

I can synch via Litchi with Airdata, so that is what we will use!

So my first flight was a success in the fact that the mission executed in that it hit all the way points.
Things I was not impressed with but will try to refine was the pause at each waypoint, this is frustrating, from the video capture point of view. The other things was camera orientation, but that I am sure was a "me" issue when I was adding waypoints, that I can get better at.

I must be missing something.

"refine was the pause at each waypoint, this is frustrating, from the video capture point of view."
I don't see any pauses in your waypoints.

"The other things was camera orientation,"
I could see those problems using VLM > GEP

If you taking a video unlike pictures you never want the curve size 0.

Rod

Yeah, so the curve size of 0 was pointed out to me, that I can adjust, chalk it up to a learning curve.

The "Pause" as the drone hit each waypoint it stopped for a second, then went to the next, then stopped, and moves on...at each and every waypoint, so the video is not very fluid.

camera orientation - will be a skill set I need to learn as well, but I will get there.

Not that I want to use this round of captures for anything because the camera was not set up well at all as far as exposure and such. I will try to get a clip edited and posted after work, so you can see what I am talking about

T

Yeah, so the curve size of 0 was pointed out to me, that I can adjust, chalk it up to a learning curve.

The "Pause" as the drone hit each waypoint it stopped for a second, then went to the next, then stopped, and moves on...at each and every waypoint, so the video is not very fluid.

camera orientation - will be a skill set I need to learn as well, but I will get there.

Not that I want to use this round of captures for anything because the camera was not set up well at all as far as exposure and such. I will try to get a clip edited and posted after work, so you can see what I am talking about

T
Look at the positives:
You planned a mission on the Mission Hub and executed that mission via your Litchi app and your Air 2S.
It came back in one piece! Hooray for that!
Fine tuning is something ALL of us have gone thru. Congrats

"The "Pause" as the drone hit each waypoint it stopped for a second."
That is caused by the curve size = 0

Rod Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member