DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Media City, Lowry and IWM North - Salford, Manchester

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Forecast was dicey for this afternoon, so although we had planned to venture a bit further afield we stayed local and visited the IWM and Salford Quays - with the opportunity for a short drone flight after the museum...

As we arrived it was starting to rain, so we went into the IWM North, definitely somewhere worth a visit, then when we left the museum it had turned a bit sunny, so the chance taken to fly at Media City, the Lowry and IWM, resulting in the video below..

I have a feeling - as the area is not restricted for drone flying - that it will perhaps be somewhere we return again, perhaps in an evening after sunset to capture it illuminated, and hopefully with some light still int he sky...

You do city as well as you do country. Beautiful. Would love to see a twilight shot of the same scene. Very futuristic architecture. For those of us unfamiliar with the British abbreviations, where exactly is this?

You do city as well as you do country. Beautiful. Would love to see a twilight shot of the same scene. Very futuristic architecture. For those of us unfamiliar with the British abbreviations, where exactly is this?
Thanks, I am very new to city flying, but its the same principles, and yes, I want a twilight and buildings illuminated visit myself... Perhasp this evening if we are both still awake enough - long day trip to help a friend out today, so 8 hrs driving so far...
The location is the Imperial War Museum North, alongside the Lowry (theatre and arts venue on the corner of the canal basin) Salford Quays and Media City, all locate in Manchester, on the border of Salford and Trafford - you can See Manchester United football (soccer) stadium appear from behind the tower block in the distance at about 20 seconds into the footage...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4