DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Message of 419f altitude while at see level- has anyone experienced this?

Sanramiro

Reactions
Problem?
Hi everyone. I have a question regarding my Mavic PLAT Pro. As I was ready to launch from the beach at the coast of Cape Cod, MA, the screen started flashing the message that I was at 419 feet AGL. I checked the map and the apps and they clearly stated that the coordinates I was flying from were located at 18f MSL There is no way I was even 100f AGL. Why could this be?

Was unit in a crash? NO

What have you tried so far? I TRIED FLYING WITH AN ANNOYING MESSAGE OF "FLYING ABOVE LEGAL ALTITUDE" OR SOMETHING LIKE IT.

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? IPHONE XS MAX

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? LATEST

What Go app version are you using? LATEST. (GO 4)

Any modification?
(if so what) NONE

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) NONE

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link) NO, I DON'T, SORRY

it sounds like a glitch during IMU initialisation as the drone was gathering the info from Sats, compass ,and the barometer it always best after you have started the drone,to leave it alone stand back and wait for it to get itself set up ready for flight if it happens again switch off move a few feet from the spot you were on and try it again
i would also do a compass and IMU calibration to make sure all is well

Reactions: Sanramiro
Why could this be?
The best thing is to post the flight log.

it sounds like a glitch during IMU initialisation as the drone was gathering the info from Sats, compass ,and the barometer it always best after you have started the drone,to leave it alone stand back and wait for it to get itself set up ready for flight if it happens again switch off move a few feet from the spot you were on and try it again
i would also do a compass and IMU calibration to make sure all is well
Thank you for your reply. Yes. I should have written about what I tried. First, I shut everything down and checked for upgrades (firmware, etc) upon restart. Performed a compass cal (as always) yet, no change in the message.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka