DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Meta data experts?

Starz

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Anyone know of a method for acquiring the location info from a video. Video is currently on an sd card. I know this data is retrievable from a picture, but I am struggling with this.
TIA.

All relevant information I need I find as I import in my editing software.

Try one of your videos, didn’t work for me. If you are successful, please let me know. Specifically looking for the location info.

On my M2 pro I simply play back my flight log and the entire flight is traced to include gps coordinates.

Reactions: hiflyer201
VLC player?

Edit: Droneviewer looks very interesting. I'm not at home at the moment but I have to check that one out. The vids look very good. VLC is ok, but pretty basic. How much does Droneviewer cost?

Last edited:
On my M2 pro I simply play back my flight log and the entire flight is traced to include gps coordinates.
I think part of my dilemma is the name was changed on the drone and previous logs are not showing. I’m still working on that route.

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Try this software: DroneViewer
Looks to be a cost for that one. Without knowing if it would do what I need, would you(if you have this already)load one of your videos and see if the location of where the video was taken is showing in that system?
Trying to avoid spending the 25.00 and not get what I’m looking for.
thanks.

load one of your videos and see if the location of where the video was taken is showing in that system?

Here we go:

1601655785318.png

Looks to be a cost for that one. Without knowing if it would do what I need, would you(if you have this already)load one of your videos and see if the location of where the video was taken is showing in that system?
Trying to avoid spending the 25.00 and not get what I’m looking for.
thanks.
There is a free version, you're just limited to one video at a time, it appears.

Reactions: Starz
I think part of my dilemma is the name was changed on the drone and previous logs are not showing. I’m still working on that route.
That shouldn't matter. Your DJI account should show uploaded logs for all your drones. Go3 will only show logs for older Phantoms, Go4 will show all logs for all DJI except those generated by Fly. Fly only shows logs it generated.
You can specify how far back in logs the apps will keep. What I'm not sure is if you set a limit, if that deletes them from the DJI cloud.

Do you have the .SRT file that goes with the video?
You need to enable this in the app, depending on the drone.
Location data is not necessarily saved within the video.

So - looking at the
May be part of this dilemma. Not my bird, not on my account at the time these videos were shot.
Also - the DroneViewer site states the following for compatibility -

Capture.PNG

It looks like the "Mini" might be the only one that writes GPS info into the video file. And it has to be enabled manually. Others require the .SRT file - which also has to be turned on manually.
HTH

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001