DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 1 and Fly 1.5.0

Robert Prior

Reactions
Has anyone tried their Mini 1 with the new version of the Fly app?

I just got a new (to me) iPhone and downloaded the Fly app, which is version 1.5.0. I've seen reports that this is forcing firmware upgrades and causing problems on other models. Was wondering if anyone's tried it with a Mini 1 yet.

(I usually use a dedicated iPad Mini running Fly 1.4.8, which works well but is a bit too big to fit in a pocket. I was hoping to be able to leave one device at home for longer hikes.)

Not sure what version of Fly I've got, but after the last update I get a "Gimbal stuck" 40002 error. I contacted DJI and they suggest it's either debris stuck in the gimbal (there's not) or else send it back for them to investigate. Not sure whether that's the best course of action. Someone on Reddit suggested that I reset to factory settings and try the updates again. What do you guys think?

Has anyone tried their Mini 1 with the new version of the Fly app?

I just got a new (to me) iPhone and downloaded the Fly app, which is version 1.5.0. I've seen reports that this is forcing firmware upgrades and causing problems on other models. Was wondering if anyone's tried it with a Mini 1 yet.

(I usually use a dedicated iPad Mini running Fly 1.4.8, which works well but is a bit too big to fit in a pocket. I was hoping to be able to leave one device at home for longer hikes.)
You can always uninstall 1.5.0 and go find an older version to install that will work. I have not updated the FlyApp on my phone in like 8 months since I don't fly my Mini at all. I do keep it updated on my tablet for my Air2, but not done a lot of flying since the update.

You can always uninstall 1.5.0 and go find an older version to install that will work. I have not updated the FlyApp on my phone in like 8 months since I don't fly my Mini at all. I do keep it updated on my tablet for my Air2, but not done a lot of flying since the update.
This can be done on Android phones. I don't think it can be done on iOS devices. If that is possible I'd greatly appreciate a pointer to how to do it.

I use an android tablet with a Mavic Mini and have no problem with version 1.5.0. I did have some issues with the previous version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman