DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Mini 1 Practice flight for smoother maneuvers

Paleomanjim

Reactions
Traveling to Hawaii in 2 weeks so got in a little practice this morning on the hill behind my house. I have been flying the Mini 2 mostly but decided to put some mileage on the old Mini 1 this morning. Recorded in 2.7K. Goal for me is to try to make smooth compound maneuvers which can produce good video with practice. I'll probably use the Mini 2 in Hawaii but may bring the Mini 1 as a back up. Kinda forgot just how good the little Mini 1 is!

If I could do that I'd be pleased.
You might like to have a look at some of alex_markov 's videos.
The banked/combination turns in many of them really appeal to me and are something I am going to try to achieve, I know he is flying the FPV.

Nope - Take another lap!! HAHAHAHA J/K!!

I like it! Nice for you to have such an open area to fly! Good terrain to practice on. Have fun in Hawaii - Hope you get time to relax and get some great pics and video while you're there!! You know we'll want to see some!!!

Traveling to Hawaii in 2 weeks so got in a little practice this morning on the hill behind my house. I have been flying the Mini 2 mostly but decided to put some mileage on the old Mini 1 this morning. Recorded in 2.7K. Goal for me is to try to make smooth compound maneuvers which can produce good video with practice. I'll probably use the Mini 2 in Hawaii but may bring the Mini 1 as a back up. Kinda forgot just how good the little Mini 1 is!

That’s great. I think you will capture great footage in Hawaii.

If I could do that I'd be pleased.
You might like to have a look at some of alex_markov 's videos.
The banked/combination turns in many of them really appeal to me and are something I am going to try to achieve, I know he is flying the FPV.
Thanks. I have the DJI FPV Drone and it is far easier flying low because of the goggles. I am hoping they make the next Mini compatible with goggles, the experience is just so much better and more fun. That said I find I can get fairly low with the Mini's using very strong reading glasses. My wife found a pair of 5X reading glasses that really work well to enlarge the screen which helps avoid close objects. A Mini FPV drone would be cool!

Nope - Take another lap!! HAHAHAHA J/K!!

I like it! Nice for you to have such an open area to fly! Good terrain to practice on. Have fun in Hawaii - Hope you get time to relax and get some great pics and video while you're there!! You know we'll want to see some!!!
Yeah, having the hill/Mountain in my backyard is great for practice. I have probably flown up there 50 times or more so I know the mountain pretty good now. Really looking forward to Hawaii, just gotta be careful ,new terrrain is always a challenge! Thanks

Wow. So cool and the music was perfect. Please tell us all the music source/title/artist. If I could do anything approaching your level I would be extremely satisfied. Regards from England. And have a great time crossing the Pacific.

That was some great flying!! What a great feature to have in your backyard. It's such an interesting contrast between suburban sprawl and desolate hills.

Good luck in Hawaii! I look forward to seeing some of that footage!

Wow. So cool and the music was perfect. Please tell us all the music source/title/artist. If I could do anything approaching your level I would be extremely satisfied. Regards from England. And have a great time crossing the Pacific.
Hello, the song is "Delta" by artist KPM from the Album GROOVE INCORPORATED. I think it is an old song but I like it too! Thanks much

That was some great flying!! What a great feature to have in your backyard. It's such an interesting contrast between suburban sprawl and desolate hills.

Good luck in Hawaii! I look forward to seeing some of that footage!
Thanks, yeah the sprawl is really spreading toward Red Rock which can be seen just over the crest beyond the flags, but fortunately much of it is a Conservation area.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird