DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 1 Trouble Right Out of the Box

roemer7

Reactions
Any help is appreciated.
Two issues, possibly related.

First, the DJI Fly app will not go past the initial remote control setup screen (I can’t get to the Aircraft Setup Screen.) Can I assume there is an issue with either the controller or the supplied cable?

Next, when I power on both the drone and controller there is no connection between the two. I get a green and red flashing light from the drone and the DJI Fly app indicates there is no connection.

I’ve tried reestablishing connection via the app and holding down the power buttons, but get the same green and red flashing lights each time.

New to me, factory refurbished Mini.
Using iPhone 12 Pro and the supplied DJI supplied cables.
Controller and drone both fully charged using the DJI supplied cables.

Last edited:
Your story is a bit confusing ...

-You've placed it in the DJI Mavic Mini 1 forum section
-You talk about the DJI Fly app
-You say that you have a refurbished Air

If you have a DJI Mavic Air 1 you shouldn't use the DJI Fly app ... you should use the DJI GO4 app.

Reactions: roemer7
Still no luck. I’ve checked and both controller and drone have current, up to date firmware. Still no luck. I’m still getting red and green flashing lights on the drone and unable to connect the controller to the drone.
Anyone have advice on what to try next?

I took a peak at the DJI Forum and there's some chatter about removing the SD Card, remove the content, and then reformatting it seemed to work for a few of them.

The posts are about a year old and the moderators seem to give a few tips but then suggests sending it in for diagnostics.

Thanks for the response. I don’t have an SD card in the drone. I haven’t been able to get past the setup controller screen in the app to see if I need one in order to fly.
I’ll start the process of sending it in tomorrow. Thanks again.

Thanks for the response. I don’t have an SD card in the drone. I haven’t been able to get past the setup controller screen in the app to see if I need one in order to fly.
I’ll start the process of sending it in tomorrow. Thanks again.
You need to put an SD card in the drone before it is turned on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22