DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 1 vs. Mini 2 range

KentMichael

Reactions
The bump from 4km to 10km is very significant, and even in real world application you can get much farther using Ocusync. This shows the amazing difference between the Mavic Mini and the the Mini 2. It also shows the advantages of OcuSync 2.0 technology. That's why I've replaced by Mavic Mini with the Mini 2. Now it can travel together with my Mavic Air 2.

Reactions: Gary R and shaneb50
Are you getting the EU version or the US version with the stronger transmission? I believe that the US/FCCversion only gets 10km but don't think the European/CE version has that much range.

In a practical sense, there are three issues in terms of range when comparing the MM1 and MM2. VLOS, signal interference and battery power/flight time. If we want to stay completly legal other than signal interference Ocusync isn't going to get you any farther, though I think it improves the handling and response. I did a test a few days ago, attaching a strobe to my Mini 2 at mid day with some overcast and sent it straight out as far as I could still pick up the strobe visually (20/20 vision). It disappeared completely just after 1650' (500m). I hadn't done that experiment before, but about when I had first gotten my Mini 1 (FCC) go well beyond 2500'. I suspect without a strobe, even in daylight, VLOS would be a fraction of the 1650'. During night flight with strobes I suspect I could get at least 3000' or more before the strobe would no longer even be a speck in the sky.

I think the two game changers with the Mini 2 are its ability to withstand stronger winds and 4k video, with wind resistance being the big one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3