DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 AEB pictures

Brigs66

Reactions
When I set my mini 2 to AEB picture mode, it only takes 2 pictures...I thought it was supposed to take 3....Can someone please confirm which is correct?

Seems like you aren't alone:

Read the last message in this thread.

Supposed to be 3 shots. Is your firmware updated? Is the fly app updated?
Yes both updated...It is currently taking 2 pictures in AEB mode one pic is 960x540 and the other pic is 4000x2250. It has always done this since I have had the Mini 2.....Any ideas anyone?
Supposed to be 3 shots. Is your firmware updated? Is the fly app updated?

should take 3 - underexposed, normal, overexposed...

Seems like you aren't alone:
The strange thing is the 3 AEB photos show up on my phone when I quick transfer from my mini 2, but when I switch off the drone and it goes to the fly app it only shows a jpeg and a raw pic, and the same when I plug my SD card into my laptop..

Reactions: photo2be
It is currently taking 2 pictures in AEB mode one pic is 960x540 and the other pic is 4000x2250.
There's the big clue.
You aren't shooting AEB at all.
The larger pic is your real pic and the smaller one is a useless little cached image of the main pic.
When you do use AEB you will get three of each, one under-exposed, one over-exposed and one correctly exposed for your settings like this.
And they will all be full-sized.
i-pmdkWbk-L.jpg

Thanks for the info mate...Are these 3 photos all raw images or jpeg?
When I quick transfer from my mini 2 to my phone...Iam getting 3 AEB images on my phone showing, but when I put my SD card into my laptop, there are no AEB photos visible, only a jpeg and a raw pic as I mentioned..very frustrating because it means I cannot edit my AEB pics in lightroom...I guess my next step would be to contact DJI....

There's the big clue.
You aren't shooting AEB at all.
The larger pic is your real pic and the smaller one is a useless little cached image of the main pic.
When you do use AEB you will get three of each, one under-exposed, one over-exposed and one correctly exposed for your settings like this.
And they will all be full-sized.
i-pmdkWbk-L.jpg
Sorry one more question....Why do you have 6 pictures above and not only 3?......when you hit the shutter button it only takes 3 pics at different exposures in AEB, am I correct in saying?

Sorry one more question....Why do you have 6 pictures above and not only 3?......when you hit the shutter button it only takes 3 pics at different exposures in AEB, am I correct in saying?
I thought it would be obvious that it's two different photos, each in a bracket of 3 exposures.
If I shot 50 photos that session, I'd have had 50x3 separate files on the SD card.

Thanks for the info mate...Are these 3 photos all raw images or jpeg?
When I quick transfer from my mini 2 to my phone...Iam getting 3 AEB images on my phone showing, but when I put my SD card into my laptop, there are no AEB photos visible, only a jpeg and a raw pic as I mentioned..very frustrating because it means I cannot edit my AEB pics in lightroom...I guess my next step would be to contact DJI....
It's hard to make sense of what you are saying ... it's very confused and confusing.
The problem is at your end and nothing to do with DJI.
You just need to get things sorted out at your end.

Try some desktop testing.
Keep things simple, forget raw and concentrate on jpg only.
Shoot a couple of brackets of 3.
Don't bother transferring to your phone, just see what appears on the SD card.

It's hard to make sense of what you are saying ... it's very confused and confusing.

Don't bother transferring to your phone, just see what appears on the
Thanks for your reply and advice. I did what you suggested and just put the SD card straight into my laptop....and the result is the AEB pictures are there, but not labelled as AEB, so if I take lots of single shots Im not sure how I would differentiate between them and the AEB shots of 3......Hope this makes sense?

Don't bother transferring to your phone, just see what appears on the SD card.

Thanks for your reply and advice. I did what you suggested and just put the SD card straight into my laptop....and the result is the AEB pictures are there, but not labelled as AEB,
They aren't labelled AEB because AEB is just an abbreviation for Auto Exposure Bracketing.
The AEB photos are completely normal image files, but there are three for each shot taken at different exposure settings.
so if I take lots of single shots Im not sure how I would differentiate between them and the AEB shots of 3......Hope this makes sense?
With a little practice, it's not very difficult.
Each set of three look the same (except for the slight exposure difference), so you have to look for the difference between each set.
The first in each bracket is normal exposure, the next is darker and the 3rd is brighter.
i-cCmRbJn-XL.jpg

Find where you started shooting AEB and count .. 1, 2, 3 .. 1, 2, 3 etc

Reactions: Brigs66 and merak75
Thanks so much Meta4 for your help and advice...I think Im getting there slowly...It seems like Iam getting 3xRAW, and 3XJPEG images in each AEB sequence now...So one press of the shutter/button in AEB is giving me 6 photos total....Does that sound right to you?

Thanks so much Meta4 for your help and advice...I think Im getting there slowly...It seems like Iam getting 3xRAW, and 3XJPEG images in each AEB sequence now...So one press of the shutter/button in AEB is giving me 6 photos total....Does that sound right to you?
Yes ... if you set to raw + jpg, you'll get 3 of each.
I just shoot jpg so that keeps things a little simpler.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78