DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 and DJI fly app glitch

Bob Jones

Reactions
Hi. Hope everybody is having a great day. I own a Mini 2 I recently received as a replacement for one that eaten by a tree. Actually a good experience from DJI support in Canada. However, after a few flights, during a flight, my fly app screen froze the altitude and distance display. I was bringing it back home and noticed that whatever I touched on the display would vanish! The menu dots I touched and gone, record button touched and gone. Still no issue controlling the drone or seeing the camera display. Landed, rebooted everything, went up again and no problem. A day later the same thing happened again! I have a few flights with no issues and then it glitches as before.
Never had this issue with my other mini2
I use a Samsung s20 ph as my display. Everything fully charged prior to flying. Has anybody else experienced this?

There are many issues with the current version of DJI Fly, I myself have had a similar situation with my Mini 2. I'm keeping it strictly close until another update fixes it.

Reactions: Jam0ne
Hi. Hope everybody is having a great day. I own a Mini 2 I recently received as a replacement for one that eaten by a tree. Actually a good experience from DJI support in Canada. However, after a few flights, during a flight, my fly app screen froze the altitude and distance display. I was bringing it back home and noticed that whatever I touched on the display would vanish! The menu dots I touched and gone, record button touched and gone. Still no issue controlling the drone or seeing the camera display. Landed, rebooted everything, went up again and no problem. A day later the same thing happened again! I have a few flights with no issues and then it glitches as before.
Never had this issue with my other mini2
I use a Samsung s20 ph as my display. Everything fully charged prior to flying. Has anybody else experienced this?
I have the same issue too,randomly freezing app,restart the app and its okay for a while,I use a Samsung 10

There are many issues with the current version of DJI Fly
I’m curious to know what issues you’re talking about. I’m using the latest version of the Fly app without any problems.

Freezing, glitching, the app randomly crashing on several devices. I've had occasion where I've totally lost video feed and telemetry. I rolled back to the previous version, with no issues at all. 1.4.8 is extremely buggy

1.4.8 is extremely buggy
Perhaps for you, but I’ve had no issues with it. It’s more likely to be a hardware/phone issue or I’d be having the same problems you are.

Perhaps for you, but I’ve had no issues with it. It’s more likely to be a hardware/phone issue or I’d be having the same problems you are.
You should check out some of the YouTube live shows, there has been non-stop complaints about 1.4.8. It's definitely not a hardware issue, because if that was the case, the previous version wouldn't have worked flawlessly. In addition, it's definitely not my smartphones, I have had these issues on 2 flagships, and on 1 tablet.

Not my phone causing the issue, Maelstorm. I have been using it in previous drones with no issues. I only had this problem since I received a replacement drone from DJI in Canada. I flew yesterday and it did it three times. I had to close DJI Fly and reopen to reset it. Disconcerting to say the least. DJI needs to be on top of this issue.

Are you on iOS or Android? I’ve had no issues on 1.4.8 on iOS, but it seems like most people who are reporting issues are on Android.

Are you on iOS or Android? I’ve had no issues on 1.4.8 on iOS, but it seems like most people who are reporting issues are on Android.
Good point. I use iOS. Are ALL Android using having problems? If not, it’s unlikely to be a bug in the firmware.

Good point. I use iOS. Are ALL Android using having problems? If not, it’s unlikely to be a bug in the firmware.

Have you NOT read and understand the other people saying they are having issues ?
Youtube posts also, where OTHERS have same complains ?.
I have experience what others have complained about,

Using Blu v90 phone, same issues after update.

Since the OTHER versions of the APP worked FINE before on those, and on my phone, HOW can YOU claim its NOT the NEW Firmware problem ?

Reactions: Drone Views Media
Since the OTHER versions of the APP worked FINE before on those, and on my phone, HOW can YOU claim its NOT the NEW Firmware problem ?
Because if some people don’t have problems with it, it’s much more likely to be a problem that’s caused by a conflict between the firmware and the hardware (phone/tablet) being used, rather than solely a firmware issue. Fundamental bugs in firmware tend to affect everyone, not just a limited number of users.

I have a Mini 2, using the Samsung S21. All other apps were closed bar DJI Fly App. "Do not disturb" switched on. Have had a couple of app crashes followed by app auto-relaunching and re-connecting to drone. Not a problem but a bit scary the first time it happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan