DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 ATTI mode ?

Why is my Mini 2 regularly keep telling me ATTI mode, even though I have good GPS signal, with 15 Satellites or more, and no interference. All firmware for Mini 2 and RMC up to date. This is an annoying problem, at the beginning of a flight. Anyone else having this annoying issue ?
i have mavic mini and been getting same prompt repeatedly today. what does it stand for?

Common situation. Look in the threads shown in the search immediately above yours, #2 post in this thread (which is quoted here)
yes, reading it now. thanks! but i still don't know what it means for all of us. should we not fly until they fix this 'bug?' so frustrating. and i cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get in touch with customer support.

i have mavic mini and been getting same prompt repeatedly today. what does it stand for?
Apparently it’s associated with loss of GPS and or downward sensors or both, I am also trying to find an answer as I have good GPS 15+ Satellites and good take off conditions, that is on flat surface with landing Pad. All firmware upto date. Any suggestions helpful.

Apparently it’s associated with loss of GPS and or downward sensors or both, I am also trying to find an answer as I have good GPS 15+ Satellites and good take off conditions, that is on flat surface with landing Pad. All firmware upto date. Any suggestions helpful.
It means nothing.
It's a false alarm that's been showing up since app version 1.2.2.
Your drone is not going into atti mode and your flight is not affected.

ps .. atti mode never has anything to do with downward sensors.

Reactions: Thomas B
yes, reading it now. thanks! but i still don't know what it means for all of us. should we not fly until they fix this 'bug?' so frustrating. and i cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get in touch with customer support.
See post #7

ps .. atti mode never has anything to do with downward sensors.
I’m curious. If you operate indoors (without GPS coverage) and have a problem with the downward sensors, wouldn't the drone go into atti mode? Just found this on another site:

“The aircraft automatically changes to Attitude (ATTI) mode when the Vision System is unavailable or disabled and when the GPS signal is weak”

Last edited:
I’m curious. If you operate indoors (without GPS coverage) and have a problem with the downward sensors, wouldn't the drone go into atti mode?
If you take away the things that give position holding stability (GPS satellites and VPS), what's left is atti mode.
The context for the suggestion about VPS having something to do with atti mode was the recent incidence of false alaram messages popping up when drones are in flight, high above VPS range.
AT that height, whether VPS is on or off makes no difference.

AT that height, whether VPS is on or off makes no difference.
In those circumstances, I agree. However your comment said “atti mode never has anything to do with downward sensors“ which is not correct.

I was previously getting the same message on Android 10 - Fly 1.2.4, but my Mini 2 was also getting multiple Downward Vision Sensor errors intermittently (despite never crashing). Sent it back in and DJI replaced it with a new unit which has been great. Have not seen the ATTI error again in this new replacement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000