DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 battery storage

manc54

Reactions
I think I have read somewhere that batteries should not be kept in the charger for any period of time. Is this correct and if it is how do people transport them in the shoulder bag that comes with the mini 2 without doing so.

I think I have read somewhere that batteries should not be kept in the charger for any period of time. Is this correct and if it is how do people transport them in the shoulder bag that comes with the mini 2 without doing so.
Since a recent firmware update they now discharge while in the charger or drone.

I have seen it suggested to turn them around in the charger...but I find it binds...I keep them in individual zip lock plastic bags...I have seen where it is advised to keep them from making contact...particularly if you are thinking of bringing them on an airplane trip
But I think it was a flaw that was discovered ...I do not think an update cause it

I have seen it suggested to turn them around in the charger...but I find it binds...I keep them in individual zip lock plastic bags...I have seen where it is advised to keep them from making contact...particularly if you are thinking of bringing them on an airplane trip
But I think it was a flaw that was discovered ...I do not think an update cause it
Yea there is a slot on one side of the battery that lines up in the charger so they can only fir one way. I'll probably get some lipo bags to keep them separate in.

How can the battery allegedly discharge in the drone if the drone is switched off? Surely a firmware update is totally irrelevant is it not?
The batteries are 'intelligent' and have their own firmware and cpu which controls the discharge function. You have to run the firmware through the drone - for each battery in turn (turning off the drone and controller in between each battery) and the update does fix the issue - and all 3 of my batteries now discharge properly when stored in the charge case. (or drone) (Approx to 96% after about 48hrs and 70% after about 8 days) but each time you hit the battery check button it restarts the timer to discharge...

I loathe these companies that use this marketing crap. Intelligent batteries? Yeah ok then. Reminds me of a certain vaccuum cleaner company with their "anti- hair wrap technology" and another with its so-called anti-aging technology.

Last edited:
Hi All, having updated to the latest firmware over a week ago, I have updated all 3 batteries through the DJi Fly app. This was over a week ago. After updating I charged all 3 and placed two in Hub and 1 in drone. Now a week later all 3 batteries are still showing 4 lights. this is the first time since charging that I have checked the levels so the update seems not to have worked, cheers Len

I think to err on the side of caution of will be using the lipo safe bag I have bought to store my batteries in. At least that way I can be sure of the auto discharge happening correctly.

Hi All, having updated to the latest firmware over a week ago, I have updated all 3 batteries through the DJi Fly app. This was over a week ago. After updating I charged all 3 and placed two in Hub and 1 in drone. Now a week later all 3 batteries are still showing 4 lights. this is the first time since charging that I have checked the levels so the update seems not to have worked, cheers Len
It would show 4 lights after a week. It drops to 96% after 48 hours and 70ish % after about two weeks. So after a week it’s around 96% still…

I transport them in a fireproof bag. It cost me only 5 EUR on Aliexpress. Great purchase!

Reactions: D_The_Producer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest