DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2: charge phone from controller while flying - super useful

superfunkmojo

Reactions
I just discovered that you can charge you phone/tablet from you controller. Great feature on the Mini 2 that is not available on the Mini 1. Saved me many times because my phone (iPhone 8) runs out of battery long before the controller (or my 4 drone batteries). With the drone turned on, go to Control then scroll down to Phone Charging and turn the switch on. The trick is, you have to turn this setting on each time - for some reason it defaults back to "off" every time you turn your drone off/on again. I'm using an iPhone 8 - I'm not sure if this works for non-apple products,

I like it too. I just wish I could remember it's there. lot's of complaints from the Androiders though.

complaints from the Androiders
None from this Android user. Though I imagine if the controller's charge is under 20%, one might want to stop the phone from charging. I have not yet found myself in that position.
Though I think the battery in my phone is larger than the battery in the controller, so not sure who should be charging who.?

Reactions: hiflyer201
I had the Mini 1 and sold it 6 months ago, and I still have the Air 2. I'm on iPhone and it works with a toggle switch in the settings for the Air 2, but I'm almost certain it worked with the Mini 1 as well. Maybe I'm just confusing the two, but I can't see why they'd disable that feature on the original Mini 1. (Although, it is DJI so anything is possible!!)

I had the Mini 1 and sold it 6 months ago, and I still have the Air 2. I'm on iPhone and it works with a toggle switch in the settings for the Air 2, but I'm almost certain it worked with the Mini 1 as well. Maybe I'm just confusing the two, but I can't see why they'd disable that feature on the original Mini 1. (Although, it is DJI so anything is possible!!)
Interesting. I don't' see the setting to do this in the Mini 1, but if it was there, I'd definitely make use of it. I use Dronelink with my Mini 1 (Dronelink does not work with the Mini 2) and I'm always running out of phone battery when I use Dronelink. Were you able to charge your iPhone from your Mini 1 contoller?

Interesting. I don't' see the setting to do this in the Mini 1, but if it was there, I'd definitely make use of it. I use Dronelink with my Mini 1 (Dronelink does not work with the Mini 2) and I'm always running out of phone battery when I use Dronelink. Were you able to charge your iPhone from your Mini 1 contoller?

No, not from the Mini 1 controller. Like I said, maybe I’m confusing the two (Mini & Air 2) I guess it’s unlikely as the battery in the Mini 1 controller is a lot smaller than the battery in the Mini 2/Air 2/Air 2S controllers.

Great Feature. However was removed in latest DJI Update. No longer on DJI Fly App per latest update.

Any reason why??

Apparently it’s still there but they’ve removed the toggle switch so it permanently charges the phone just like the Android version.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143