DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 drifting in the air with GPS signel, toiletbowling

Kywon McCain

⭐Smooth Operator⭐
Premium Pilot
Reactions

Yesterday I both calibrated the imu and the compass and it worked for a bit but it came back.

Every time I fly I fly with anxiety because I don't want it to fall out of the sky like my mavic pro did
The person who gifted the mini 2 to me will be very disappointed in me if it crashed further adding on to it
I have covid so if it did crash I can't get it my dad would and he will not be happy
I never really had this happen to me
Anyone else has this problem?

Is it possible for a drone to crash from toiletbowling

I don't see any toilet bowling in those videos.
It might be a good idea to start from the beginning with a good description of what the drone is doing that has you worried.
Toilet bowling is when a drone can't hover in place and wanders around in slow circles.

What movement are you seeing and how far does the drone move?
Yesterday I both calibrated the imu and the compass and it worked for a bit but it came back.
Normally there is no need to recalibrate either.
They don't lose their calibration over time.
Is it possible for a drone to crash from toiletbowling
Only if it bumps into something and crashes.

I don't see any toilet bowling in those videos.
It might be a good idea to start from the beginning with a good description of what the drone is doing that has you worried.
Toilet bowling is when a drone can't hover in place and wanders around in slow circles.

What movement are you seeing and how far does the drone move?

Normally there is no need to recalibrate either.
They don't lose their calibration over time.

Only if it bumps into something and crashes.
What your looking for is in the very beginning of the second video
Watch as the drone "swings around" in circle

I developed anxiety from the first time the toilet bowl thing happened and I thought it would crash.

Now every time it would drift left right up down sets me off and it's because of the toilet bowl effect I'm scared of is why I'm scared and worry it would fall out the sky like my beloved mavic pro did

What your looking for is in the very beginning of the second video
Watch as the drone "swings around" in circle
I see minor movement, maybe only a foot of so, but I don't see the drone continuing in lazy circles.

Perhaps it's just the Downward Vision System having trouble finding something it can lock onto on the ground because of poor lighting.
The Downward Vision System has a range of 33 ft and within that range, it will try to find features on the ground to help the drone hold position.
You can check if this is the explanation, by going higher than 33 ft and see if the drone is more stable using only GPS to hold position.

Read about the conditions the Downward Vision System needs on p17 of the manual here:
Now every time it would drift left right up down sets me off and it's because of the toilet bowl effect I'm scared of is why I'm scared and worry it would fall out the sky like my beloved mavic pro did
Toilet bowling indicates a stability/position holding issue.
That won't ever make a drone fall from the sky.

I see minor movement, maybe only a foot of so, but I don't see the drone continuing in lazy circles.

Perhaps it's just the Downward Vision System having trouble finding something it can lock onto on the ground because of poor lighting.
The Downward Vision System has a range of 33 ft and within that range, it will try to find features on the ground to help the drone hold position.
You can check if this is the explanation, by going higher than 33 ft and see if the drone is more stable using only GPS to hold position.

Read about the conditions the Downward Vision System needs on p17 of the manual here:

Toilet bowling indicates a stability/position holding issue.
That won't ever make a drone fall from the sky.
It was too dark for it to use it's vision sensors
Only using gps

It was too dark for it to use it's vision sensors
Only using gps
A little movement is OK, particularly if the Downward Vision Sensors are "seeking".
Take the drone higher to make sure the downward sensors aren't causing extra movement, trying to find something they can lock onto.
Here's what the specs say about your drone's position holding ability.
Hovering Accuracy Range
Vertical: ±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning), ±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
Horizontal: ±0.3 m (with Vision Positioning), ±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)

A little movement is OK, particularly if the Downward Vision Sensors are "seeking".
Take the drone higher to make sure the downward sensors aren't causing extra movement, trying to find something they can lock onto.
Here's what the specs say about your drone's position holding ability.
Hovering Accuracy Range
Vertical: ±0.1 m (with Vision Positioning), ±0.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
Horizontal: ±0.3 m (with Vision Positioning), ±1.5 m (with GPS Positioning)
It happened once in the day time too (near the end of the video)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe