DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mini 2 eBay controller

pelon

Reactions
I purchased a rc231 controller off eBay and i can't get it to connect to my mini 2.Is this controller compatible with the mini 2

It should be compatible, are you certain the drone is a Mini 2?
The Mavic Mini and Mini SE use the Mavic Mini controller MR1SD25.
If you have the correct drone the linking procedures, there are 2 available, are shown in
Are you getting any error messages, if so what are they?

it's a mini 2 for sure.i tried both procedures multiple times with no luck,I think i have a bad controller.

Why did you buy a new controller? What were you using before this? You may need to un-link the drone from your old controller before it will link to the new one. This is due to a firmware update.

If there is not any of the new binding of controller to the drone or to the DJI account of the App holder etc. etc. then linking a new/different controller automatically displaces the old controller, ad infinitum.
I have two mini 2 and 3 controllers and I swap them about quite regularly but NONE of mine have the binding thing.

I had a Mini 2 that wouldn't connect to a new controller. Assistant 2 didn't help. The only thing that worked was to pair it with my Air 2. It then updated the controller firmware and connected to my Mini 2 without issue.

I would try getting everything working through Assistant 2 before resorting to a return. The method I used won't work for you of course because your Air 2 is already gone.

One other thing just came to mind, remove the mSD card from the drone, a corrupt file on the card or perhaps an inappropriately named video or photo has been known to stop a drone connecting.

I removed the sd card and still no connection.I can connect to my smart controller with no problem.I connected the RC231 controller to Dji assistant2 to try a firmware update,The current firmware wouldn't load for some reason so i deleted dji assistant and tried again with the same results.I am out of ideas...

I am confused by this post, but at 83 it happens regularly.

I have just bought a mini2 and am wondering "why would I want to sell the controller"? It's a great piece of kit, works well, feels well made and is very comfortable to use.

Or have I missed something here...................

He thought it was funny .
The laughter was after the you posted. I had actually marked your post with a sad face and might have sent you a message suggesting you removed the post before Cheddar-man saw it as I too thought it was an uncalled for remark. Cheddar-man replied before I was finished typing the message so I deleted the sad face.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seen your silly message about deleting my post.I didn't think my post was uncalled for that's why i posted it.You might be a little to sensitive for forum conversations.

You might be a little to sensitive for forum conversations.
No, I am as thick skinned as any one but I will reinstate the sad face for your pleasure. That said, might I suggest it is you who are "a little sensitive". You certainly do not seem to have reacted too well to my supporting NG Wildman's post.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming