DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 exposure setting not working

ihavequestions

Reactions
I try to dial up the exposure compensation in the dark but there's no change at all when I try. Am I doing something wrong?

I try to dial up the exposure compensation in the dark but there's no change at all when I try. Am I doing something wrong?
Maybe .. what are your settings before you attempt to adjust the exposure compensation?

Exposure compensation will adjust exposure above or below what one of the autoexposure modes thinks is the appropriate exposure setting.
But if you have the camera set to manual, exposure compensation won't do anything.

Maybe .. what are your settings before you attempt to adjust the exposure compensation?

Exposure compensation will adjust exposure above or below what one of the autoexposure modes thinks is the appropriate exposure setting.
But if you have the camera set to manual, exposure compensation won't do anything.
Auto. Then I try to adjust the exposure. It's at night. But I see zero difference.

Its possible that the dynamic range is not that wide so its changing but I dont see anything because its so dark.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Its possible that the dynamic range is not that wide so its changing but I dont see anything because its so dark.
Are you saying that the screen is dark and stays dark?
If you are that is because the camera is set wrongly and has nothing to do with dynamic range.
What are your camera settings?

Are you saying that the screen is dark and stays dark?
If you are that has nothing to do with dynamic range.
It's definitely dark and stays dark. But it's not black. I can see a little of the subject but what I am saying is I see zero changes in compensation whatsoever. In the meantime, when I try it when it is under normal lighting situations, it works.

It's definitely dark and stays dark. But it's not black. I can see a little of the subject but what I am saying is I see zero changes in compensation whatsoever. In the meantime, when I try it when it is under normal lighting situations, it works.
Do you have the camera set to manual or auto exposure?
If it's on manual, what's the shutter speed set to?

Do you have the camera set to manual or auto exposure?
If it's on manual, what's the shutter speed set to?
Already answered above. Auto.

I've tried manual as well separately and it works, just not to the level I need.

If you are using the camera in dark conditions, the view through the camera is going to look dark regardless of your settings.
You can't make it look brighter than it actually is.

If you are using the camera in dark conditions, the view through the camera is going to look dark regardless of your settings.
You can't make it look brighter than it actually is.
ok thanks. It's different with the other drones but I get it - this has a much less capable camera than say the mavic pro which you can see a big difference when you tweak that setting.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober