DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 First Purchase

Well you chose a good drone - I've had mine for nearly 2 months - Brilliant!

I bought 2x 65gig micro SD cards instead of 1 big one.
128G is huge storage, and if it goes wrong - better not to have all your eggs in 1 basket.

Spare gimbal cover is a good idea. Probably not the easiest of things to find if they get lost.
The gimbal is delicate so it needs protecting.
I am going to get a couple of spares now.

Feel free to share your replacement gimbal links.

Reactions: Jah Tut
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City.
If you have questions, just a suggestion type in your question in the search function, ( magnifying glass icon upper right hand corner). Its a great way to find answers that many Newbies have asked before you. Such as what is VLOS, or what is a preflight Check list, or how important is RTH.

I’m out in Elgin. Planning on hitting Schaumburg to do some open flying. Suggestions? Not in the city.

Feel free to share your replacement gimbal links.
I just ordered one from Amazon UK, approx £5 UKP.
The description is :

TIREOW® 2020 Newest Gimbal Camera Lens Protector Cover Dust-proof Cap Compatible with DJI Mavic Mini 2 Drone Accessories

Brand: TIREOW
The seller is also Tireow.
I'll let you know if it's any good, eg nice fit, and robust.

Reactions: EETWiz
I there any difference between the gimball protectors of the Mini 1 and Mini 2?
Well I am not sure.
The one ordered is specifically for MINI2.
But I notice there is another cheaper one:

LEXIANG Transparent Camera Lens Cover Case for-DJI Mavic Mini/Mini 2 Gimbal Protectors Dust Proof Anti Scratch Protector Accessories​

So take your pick. I went for TIREOW that was sold for MINI2, and didn't mention the MM. In the advert it looks identical to the cover that was supplied with my M2.
The Lexiang looks totally different, so it could be universal.

Good morning people. I've been toying around with my Tello for a bit and my biggest complaint is the inability to fly in any sort of wind.

So I'm eyeing a Mini 2 Combo kit with the following:
  • SanDisk Extreme 128GB
  • 360 prop guards - still a beginner
  • Remote tablet holder - iPad mini is better
  • Care Refresh 2-year - worth my money?
Aside from these items, what other add-ons do you suggest? I've found accessories on Amazon regarding landing gear, rain gear, strobe lights (on body vs on landing posts), control sticks, headlights, camera filters, landing pads, upgraded prop blades, obstacle tracks, etc.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Hyperlinks are better.

Don't worry, I'm not lazy. I'll scrape the forum for related threads. Thanks in advance.
Congrats it’s a awesome lil drone that acts like a premium drone in my opinion

Reactions: EETWiz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly