DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Flew Away when I canceled RTH with Litchi app running a mission

BobN2Tech

Reactions
I had an incident a few days ago with my Mini 2, using the Litchi way point mission on my Android Galaxy S10 phone. The aircraft was losing communications with the RC on and off, so I decided to just do a RTH. I long pressed the RTH button on the RC and the aircraft came back to me as expected, but before it landed, at about 10' feet above the RTH point, I short-pressed the RTH to cancel the landing so I can correct the landing spot. Surprisingly, instead of canceling the RTH and hovering above me, it immediately flew off fast horizontally (wo ascending or descending) straight to my left and hit the house next to me, The Gimbal got messed up. This totally caught me by surprise! You can see the path it followed from the litchi flight record that I imported into Google Earth as illustrated here. I was wondering if Litchi app thinks if I cancel RTH, it tries to resume the mission?

Attachments

• Final path of litchi mission univ of tijuana loop 1 (RTH).jpg
    Final path of litchi mission univ of tijuana loop 1 (RTH).jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Full path of litchi mission annotated loop 1 (RTH).jpg
    Full path of litchi mission annotated loop 1 (RTH).jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
That's what I was thinking. I have the flight log and trying to figure it out if the joysticks were being operated by the Litchi app after that. I have available the flight data Litchi records on the phone.

Until this matter is resolved, I'll be moving the flight mode switch on the controller to sport during RTH, and prior to manual disengagement, so that any commanded termination of RTH will also transmit the Litchi mission disengagement command.

Reactions: CallmeDash
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll