DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Fly More Battery differences?

eva2000

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just bought my DJI Mini 2 Fly more combo kit from Amazon.com.au and charging up the batteries and noticed that the Mini 2 included battery seems harder to insert/remove from the drone than the 2 additional batteries included in the kit. It's as if the included Mini 2 battery is slightly larger than the 2 additional fly more kit's batteries?

Looking at them visually they're seem identical but the 2 additional batteries slide in and out of the drone's battery chamber much more easily than the included Mini 2 battery which seems a lot harder to remove. Is that normal?

cheers

It's normal. It will get looser over time. That's a good thing. Too loose, and it might not stay in!

Reactions: eva2000
Really gets loosened over time? The included battery takes quite some force to remove from the drone, so if it loosens over time that will definitely help :D

An OP here 3D printed some Mini-2 battery extractors a while back, and they are extremely effective.

Getting the batteries out of the Mini-2 has always been a PITA, but these little gems make the problem completely vanish. I never even notice it anymore.

An OP here 3D printed some Mini-2 battery extractors a while back, and they are extremely effective.

Getting the batteries out of the Mini-2 has always been a PITA, but these little gems make the problem completely vanish. I never even notice it anymore.

OP? that sounds like exactly what I need :)

That is exactly the same as my batteries. No change in several months. I used a small 10A battery clamp to extract and it works great. You can get them here: battery clamp

My batteries pass the DJI check for swelling, as all are perfectly flat. However, the one battery is consistently about .004 in larger in both width and breadth along the entire face. The markings are identical. Hasn't changed in several months.

Last edited:
I disagree with other posts. All three batteries should be the same size, with the same degree of difficulty getting them in and out.

Though it’s not common on a new DJI battery, possibly it’s defective. When lithium batteries go bad they swell up. Having difficulty with one battery could be due to that. Swollen batteries should not be used.

Reactions: ArnieZiffel
That is exactly the same as my batteries. No change in several months. I used a small 10A battery clamp to extract and it works great. You can get them here: battery clamp

My batteries pass the DJI check for swelling, as all are perfectly flat. However, the one battery is consistently about .004 in larger in both width and breadth along the entire face. The markings are identical. Hasn't changed in several months.
Ah Alligator Clips ! I should have some lying around somewhere :)

I disagree with other posts. All three batteries should be the same size, with the same degree of difficulty getting them in and out.

Though it’s not common on a new DJI battery, possibly it’s defective. When lithium batteries go bad they swell up. Having difficulty with one battery could be due to that. Swollen batteries should not be used.
Yeah that's one thought I had that battery might be swollen, but it doesn't look like it. The Mini 2 Fly More kit is dated 2021/9 I guess that's manufacturer or package date? So ~9 months old.

I wonder if it's related to the Mini 2 battery issue Grab this Mini 2 firmware update ASAP to fix battery issue ? My package has 2021/9 date so 3 months after the firmware fix though?

What happens when LiPo batteries don’t behave themselves?​

The broader implication of this problem is that if you leave a battery inside the drone or the charging hub, like many of us do, the cells inside could get damaged, making the battery unstable or puffy. You may have a harder time charging the battery or need a replacement much sooner than expected.

Looking at them visually they're seem identical but the 2 additional batteries slide in and out of the drone's battery chamber much more easily than the included Mini 2 battery which seems a lot harder to remove. Is that normal?
@GadgetGuy might be right, the included battery seems a bit easier to insert/remove now. But decided to measure their weight and definitely the included battery is a bit heavier.
  • Mini 2 included battery = 61g
  • Mini 2 Fly More combo battery 1 = 58g
  • Mini 2 Fly More combo battery 2 = 58g

Reactions: GadgetGuy
@GadgetGuy might be right, the included battery seems a bit easier to insert/remove now. But decided to measure their weight and definitely the included battery is a bit heavier.
  • Mini 2 included battery = 61g
  • Mini 2 Fly More combo battery 1 = 58g
  • Mini 2 Fly More combo battery 2 = 58g
Interesting. That allows for 3 more grams of payload without exceeding the 249g limit. Makes sense. Easier to shave some weight off the battery design after release than to redesign the aircraft after you have manufactured millions! They already made a battery for Japan to meet their 200g max with a much shorter flight time. In the process, perhaps they figured out how to lighten the original battery, too.

[edited to change China to Japan]

Last edited:
I can only assume the gravity in Australia is different than California :) mine all weigh 81 grams on my scale and I found 80 g referenced elsewhere. I mentioned the included battery size measured slightly bigger but all weights the same.

Interesting. That allows for 3 more grams of payload without exceeding the 249g limit. Makes sense. Easier to shave some weight off the battery design after release than to redesign the aircraft after you have manufactured millions! They already made a battery for China to meet their 200g max with a much shorter flight time. In the process, perhaps they figured out how to lighten the original battery, too.
What's this about 200g max in China?
I can only assume the gravity in Australia is different than California :) mine all weigh 81 grams on my scale and I found 80 g referenced elsewhere. I mentioned the included battery size measured slightly bigger but all weights the same.
@GadgetGuy mention maybe explain why?

I made sure to check the scale I used with a known weight item to confirm the scale is correct and weighted everything in my DJI Mini 2 items just out of curiosity

My DJI Mini 2 + PYGTech landing gears + Neewer ND16 filter + battery combined weight comes to 240 grams. So still under 249g. The DJI Prop guards are 21g each so would put me over 240g.

What's this about 200g max in China?

@GadgetGuy mention maybe explain why?

I made sure to check the scale I used with a known weight item to confirm the scale is correct and weighted everything in my DJI Mini 2 items just out of curiosity

My DJI Mini 2 + PYGTech landing gears + Neewer ND16 filter + battery combined weight comes to 240 grams. So still under 249g. The DJI Prop guards are 21g each so would put me over 240g.
My bad. It was 200g max in Japan until June 19th this year! Now it's 100g in Japan!

• Wow
My bad. It was 200g max in Japan until June 19th this year! Now it's 100g in Japan!
wow 100g! I'm feeling very fortunate right now in Australia! edit: readomg over their proposed regulations - it isn't much different to my Australian ones anyway.

Last edited:
Mine are 79.3, 79.5 & 79.6 verified with a Ohaus Triple Beam. Same BWX161 model number.
Not that it matters, it is what it is. Just fly it and enjoy.

Reactions: BillS and eva2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d