DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Gimbal Error

MikeinMO

Reactions
Good day.

I had a crash with my Mini 2, and since then, I’m getting a Gimbal Stuck error. On the startup sequence, the gimbal seems to initiate normally and moves. No movement restrictions noted when manually moved around.

When the drone is in the sky, it flies normally, but the gimbal does not move with drone movement or via controller input. The drone takes photos and videos just fine, and does the zoom feature when I hold the FN button and roll the dial. But I can’t get the gimbal to move up or down with the controller dial, and the click of the FN button won’t take the gimbal to 0° or to 90°.

Looking at the drone, it appears the flat cable is broke and what looks like a braided cable is somewhat unbraided. See attached photo-I circled the areas in red that I'm referring to.

Any idea what the fix is here? Is it the flexible 3-in-1 flat ribbon cable that I see on Amazon? On this link:

PONYRC Original Mavic Mini 2 Flexible Flex Flat Ribbon Cable 3 in 1 Cable for DJI Mavic Mini 2/Mini SE Repair Parts Replacement https://a.co/d/0U4xcPH

Thanks for any advice!!

Attachments

• 05190BC0-E9A9-4996-A2BF-B2DFA2D05FF0.jpeg
    05190BC0-E9A9-4996-A2BF-B2DFA2D05FF0.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 36
I’m getting a Gimbal Stuck error.
I cannot tell from your photo if the cable is broken or not, but you seem to have pulled your gimbal out quite a bit to see that.

I examined my Mini 2 and I would not want to pull the gimbal out as far as you did. So, I'm thinking something else. Since you can use the camera, is it possible that the small rubber bumpers that mount your gimbal in the front, under the nose of your drone have slipped or broken off? It would seem unlikely that the cable could break without a lot more damage to the Gimbal…

I cannot tell from your photo if the cable is broken or not, but you seem to have pulled your gimbal out quite a bit to see that.

I examined my Mini 2 and I would not want to pull the gimbal out as far as you did. So, I'm thinking something else. Since you can use the camera, is it possible that the small rubber bumpers that mount your gimbal in the front, under the nose of your drone have slipped or broken off? It would seem unlikely that the cable could break without a lot more damage to the Gimbal…
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to post an update about my Mini 2.

The ribbon was snapped in two, which is why the gimbal was able to come out the way it did. That ribbon controls some gimbal control, which is apparently why I got the “Gimbal Stuck” error. If you take a look at my photo, it’s the flat ribbon I circled in red. The braided cable (also circled in red) was fine.

I ordered that ribbon from Amazon that I referenced in my post. I watched this YT video:

After about a two hour install (intentionally going slow and taking my time), I got the damaged ribbon off and the new one installed. I attached a few photos of the process.

I’m happy to report that my Mini 2 is back up and running with no errors! The gimbal works normally. Thankfully I didn’t have any further damage to the gimbal during the crash.

Attachments

• 88572902-C1E4-46D9-BCB3-67C5F026FA1F.jpeg
    88572902-C1E4-46D9-BCB3-67C5F026FA1F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • BD601C69-6CD8-4AB3-981C-CE69C3DD8E37.jpeg
    BD601C69-6CD8-4AB3-981C-CE69C3DD8E37.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 12
  • 2C688583-C986-4104-A23F-95661F907F30.jpeg
    2C688583-C986-4104-A23F-95661F907F30.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • 239811BF-C7A0-471B-9919-DC02B114CFDC.jpeg
    239811BF-C7A0-471B-9919-DC02B114CFDC.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 13
Thanks for the reply. I wanted to post an update about my Mini 2.

The ribbon was snapped in two, which is why the gimbal was able to come out the way it did. That ribbon controls some gimbal control, which is apparently why I got the “Gimbal Stuck” error. If you take a look at my photo, it’s the flat ribbon I circled in red. The braided cable (also circled in red) was fine.

I ordered that ribbon from Amazon that I referenced in my post. I watched this YT video:

After about a two hour install (intentionally going slow and taking my time), I got the damaged ribbon off and the new one installed. I attached a few photos of the process.

I’m happy to report that my Mini 2 is back up and running with no errors! The gimbal works normally. Thankfully I didn’t have any further damage to the gimbal during the crash.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and posting the photos. They might help another member who experienced this issue.

Reactions: MikeinMO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa